Wales or GRFC ??

Hall of Famer

Wales or GRFC ??

21 Nov 2020 19:56 pm:

I really feel for any Welsh GRFC supporting fans at the moment.

I guess you got a win today but having watched the match v Georgia I don't think I'd be singing hymns and arias quite yet. Next week is looking to be a daunting task even at home. That said when Welsh backs are to the wall they can come up with deep reserves of fight. There is still hope and it can only get better.

Having watched the GRFC game, though not being at all surprised with the loss - as mentioned in several threads earlier this week - I was surprised with the attitude. IF GRFC backs are to the wall - which they undoubtedly are even after Round 1 of a 22 round League - can we come up with deep reserves of fight ?? I hope so. But I fear it could get worse.

My concern is that though we were minus a number of Internationals today that is going to be the case for a lot of this season. If they're good they'll be with their International teams unless they lose their form OR are injured. Sadly one of GRFC's talismen, Polledri, is out for (a rumoured) whole season. And we have Europe to "compete" in. Can we actually do that ATM ??

Post-Lockdown matches weren't for real - as Leicester have proved they were for building. This is going to be a mighty long season for Wales and GRFC and I suspect that the National team will be the one to give some salvation v the club side.

Thank God I have England to comfort me.........
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!

Re: Wales or GRFC ??

22 Nov 2020 07:28 am:

A bit harsh on Wales. I thought yesterday they started to play out of Gatland’s shadow. Without so many of the old guard still playing Gatland’s old negative style, they played what looked like Pivac’s old brand of good running rugby that he established at Scarlets.

Hopefully it’s a good game next week, and I only have to watch half of Gloucester before the National Anthems strike up.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

22 Nov 2020 09:36 am:

But KPB, will Wales revert back to their "first XV" next week?
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
On the board

22 Nov 2020 09:42 am:

Welsh and a GRFC supporter is a strange place to be at the moment, but proud of it.
The depth of depression in rugby supporting terms can be immense sometimes, but lo and behold, the rise to the surface of gained expectation can be fantastic as well.
I support rugby because I love the competition between two teams battling to win a match. This can be at junior/amateur to professional status, it really doesn't matter. Just enjoy the fact that people are willing to don a club kit and compete for their cause and team colleagues.
I look forward to GM starting the England or GRFC ?? next week :)
Lockdown apathy has taken hold.
Hall of Famer

22 Nov 2020 09:55 am:

:D

I'd rather be ranked at 2nd than 9th !! Plus I recall some Welsh critics last week when we only beat Georgia 44-0 in similar weather conditions !! Got to feel sorry for Georgia about the conditions but it will all be a great learning-curve for them in the long-run.

That said it's amazing how quickly things can change. 15 months ago Wales were ranked 1st in the world. I guess gloat while one can because things do change. As I said re. GRFC the only way now is (nearly) up.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!

22 Nov 2020 21:23 pm:

Still Realistic wrote:But KPB, will Wales revert back to their "first XV" next week?

Yes and I fully expect EJ to grind it down ...walk away with a 20 point victory and Pivac to be blamed.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

22 Nov 2020 23:30 pm:

I don't mind being Welsh and a GRFR supporter. Honest, I don't.

Luckily I can remember the glory day.s Just hope I live long enough to see them again!

Return to Gloucester Rugby