Reflections

Hero in the making

Reflections

22 Nov 2020 13:48 pm:

The day after witnessing an extremely poor performance, today the feeling of annoyance at the sheer ineptitude on display has been replaced by a kind of resignation. The result was bad, the errors basic but in reality there is only one objective this season: financial survival. The changes to the squad had to take finance into account, and to some extent the on pitch performance will reflect that. But I would far rather we had a poor on field season, behind closed doors, and survive, than simply go bust. This year winning is not the only, or even main, target.
Another yard boys, another yard!
Hall of Famer

Re: Reflections

22 Nov 2020 16:18 pm:

Up the jumper wrote:This year winning is not the only, or even main, target.

That could easily be the Gloucester Rugby Motto.
Hero in the making

22 Nov 2020 16:27 pm:

Up the jumper wrote:The day after witnessing an extremely poor performance, today the feeling of annoyance at the sheer ineptitude on display has been replaced by a kind of resignation. The result was bad, the errors basic but in reality there is only one objective this season: financial survival. The changes to the squad had to take finance into account, and to some extent the on pitch performance will reflect that. But I would far rather we had a poor on field season, behind closed doors, and survive, than simply go bust. This year winning is not the only, or even main, target.

Tend to agree but if we are to be bottom of the pile financial survival could be the least of our worries, do we just want to be making the numbers up No should we be competitive YES.
For perspective I guess that Bath fans are reacting much the same way to a home defeat, not that is much consolation.
Next week is critical even though its only the 2nd game as it will set the tone, it is down to the individual players to perform at their best rather than look as if they are going through the motions.
Hall of Famer

22 Nov 2020 16:32 pm:

IF ring-fencing is to be introduced is it fair, for the Championship clubs, to do it once a season has started ??

You would think that IF it's agreed to let it happen it will come at the end of season 21/22 when everyone has had a fair crack of the whip AND know from the off.

IF, God forbid, GRFC come bottom this season we might really be in the p00 !! :roll: :roll:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

22 Nov 2020 18:44 pm:

It doesn’t seemed to have done Falcons any harm.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
Hall of Famer

22 Nov 2020 18:50 pm:

Ask Falcons whether they're happy they were relegated !?!? Fool...........
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

22 Nov 2020 19:40 pm:

Oh dear, the personal abuse has started.
Admin please take note.
Hall of Famer

22 Nov 2020 21:04 pm:

I don’t condone ring fencing for a minute, regardless of what position we may or may not be in at the end of the season. A club should stand or fall on its merits, not be artificially supported in its position of weakness.
Tuffty (Andy Kershaw)

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Hall of Famer

22 Nov 2020 23:33 pm:

I have calmed down from my disappointment (!) at yesterday's result, and performance.

But I am still resigning myself to a defeat in the next game.
Hall of Famer

23 Nov 2020 16:41 pm:

Wasps are in form, it’s going to be carnage on last Saturday’s showing. :(
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby