Cips gone

Hall of Famer

Re: Cips gone

23 Jan 2021 00:50 am:

madders wrote:I would be glad if he just disappeared into the sunset.

Ditto. Anyone who believes all the guff that DC comes out with is more gullible than I can believe. A massively talented rugby player but never a team player and with a lot of baggage. If GRFC had wanted him to stay he would have done. Let's see what happens to him next.......IACGMOOH or Strictly Come Dancing. A consultant !?!?
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Vice-Captain

23 Jan 2021 07:35 am:

I can't be arsed to think....what the hell is "IACGMOOH" Mute?

To be honest we had 1 great season out of DC; after that it all went down hill for Glos and him.
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 08:35 am:

Paul Simmons wrote:
colinboag wrote:Lloyd Evans eclipsed him in my view - DC took a sulk - not the whole reason, but a factor...read LE's interview, things changed when he became a threat

Come on.

Lloyd is coming on well, but DC at his best Vs LE at his best??? Incomparable.

That’s as maybe but he has been far from his best for a while, LE did need to be as good as DC at his best just better than is present form.

Can we not accept it is a complex issue the truth is somewhere between DCs POV and the clubs. It sounds like a win win for all involved so good luck to the guy and let’s move on.

The other thing to consider is who else might have had to leave or not be re-signed if DC had not left? Could Thorley have gone? I don’t think we are naive enough to not think the Sale rumour wasn’t planted by an Agent wanting the club to sharpen its pencil.
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 08:49 am:

Cherryade wrote:I can't be arsed to think....what the hell is "IACGMOOH" Mute?

To be honest we had 1 great season out of DC; after that it all went down hill for Glos and him.

I had to think about that one too - I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Vice-Captain

23 Jan 2021 14:14 pm:

The whole story, with all the nuance, and all the fine details, with the actual relevance is every bit will never be known. I think it’s a shame that he felt he couldn’t continue at Glos. I’m also not sure how to read it, as good mental health management, or ultimately a lack of resilience or willingness to be a selfless part of a team. It’s not really for us to know is the point I think.

However, I wouldn’t be happy to see him scoring points against us, as to me, that would feel like a bit of a betrayal.

So to see an ex Glos player, well and scoring bags of points in another league would be great.
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 16:13 pm:

The form he showed from the end of last season ( Quins at home in particular) was the start of the rot. If anyone is daft enough to take on this primadonna then good luck to them.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 16:38 pm:

madders wrote:The form he showed from the end of last season ( Quins at home in particular) was the start of the rot. If anyone is daft enough to take on this primadonna then good luck to them.

If you need a season he’s a good option. I always stuck up for him but can’t deny it’s the same cycle that we’ve seen at his former clubs.

It’s a shame as on his day there aren’t many better.
Dude

23 Jan 2021 18:34 pm:

Madders - genuine question. Bearing in mind:

DC gave us Glos fans some amazing moments and indeed memories many of us will never forget;
He has been through some really tough times and has clearly been struggling with his mental health (as somebody who worked in this field I completely understand this although it seems some don’t);
I am guessing you have never met him;
I am similarly guessing (actually assuming) he has never done anything harmful to you;

why do you feel the need to continually be so unpleasant towards and about him? Why can you not just accept his universe is not aligned with yours and wish him well? :? :?
Vice-Captain

23 Jan 2021 18:39 pm:

He’s upset he didn’t get picked for England because he’s unfairly viewed as inconsistent and a difficult character..... then immediately describes how after be overlooked by England he was inconsistent and difficult :roll:
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 19:18 pm:

Lebowski wrote:Madders - genuine question. Bearing in mind:

DC gave us Glos fans some amazing moments and indeed memories many of us will never forget;
He has been through some really tough times and has clearly been struggling with his mental health (as somebody who worked in this field I completely understand this although it seems some don’t);
I am guessing you have never met him;
I am similarly guessing (actually assuming) he has never done anything harmful to you;

why do you feel the need to continually be so unpleasant towards and about him? Why can you not just accept his universe is not aligned with yours and wish him well? :? :?

I certainly wish him well and thank him for the highlights. I was always wary of him joining us and totally unsurprised where he/we now are. All very predictable. I really don't buy the mental health excuse either. DC has had so many opportunities others would die for and cocked them all up.

Move on........in a team-sport. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby