Cips gone

Hall of Famer

Re: Cips gone

25 Jan 2021 15:43 pm:

GM expresses opinions - I like that. What irritates me more is waffle,and sitting on the fence for fear of ever being wrong. I wish Cips nothing but well, but I firmly believe him going when he did was the right thing for the club.

There’s a run of (from memory) seven Prem games and I hope to see Glaws manage to build some momentum and salvage our season - I still believe top six is very achievable
Cherchez la truffe

25 Jan 2021 16:47 pm:

Well, I think we've all got the picture now; a very talented player, signed for a Prem Club, which happened to be us, to target a World Cup squad place. That didn't happen, a dream shattered but in the process he gave us some wonderful rugby. Then, bereavement, possibly guilt, then a mis carriage - alot to happen in a short space of time to anyone. Then Covid etc.

So, well paid or not life events can take their toll. Could the Club have retained him whilst he got himself sorted ? Possibly, but in the financial climate.....to have a top earner not playing probably isn't feasible.

So he's gone. He clearly wasn't right but I hope that he's happy and getting back on track. His social media posts seem to suggest this is the case.

As for rugby, Lloyd E has a great opportunity to make the shirt his now, it's up to him to grab that opportunity. Regarding Cips, he's got too much talent and knowledge to go to waste, so hopefully we'll see him back in the game, I just hope that if's it's in the near(er) future it won't be against Glos.
Hall of Famer

25 Jan 2021 17:15 pm:

If he carries on playing the way he has been recently an appearance in a Saints shirt this weekend would be most welcome.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
Hall of Famer

25 Jan 2021 18:29 pm:

I realise this is a slight tangent but I am going to go with it anyway! How do people feel about Joe Marler withdrawing again from an England squad for his personal reasons that have been well documented? As an England supporter should I feel let down and rant that he should never play for his country again or should I commend him for his decision to again step back for the sake of his own well being?
I don't know Marler or Cipriani, although as they are in the media eye we feel that we have an idea what they are like. Both come across as confident but it appears this is to a large degree a persona that they have adopted. Personally I am a massive introvert and throughout my previous professional life I too had to adopt an extrovert persona in order to "get on" but over the years it took it's toll on me so I have enormous sympathy for people in a similar situation.
Danny has stated that he has struggled away from the rugby pitch and that affected his performances on it and along with GS decided to leave. I personally think he has done the right thing for all parties concerned and I wish him well for the rest of his career/life. If he turns up at Kingsholm in an opposition shirt when there our fans I hope he would be greeted favourably......but I doubt it.
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Hall of Famer

25 Jan 2021 18:57 pm:

The England players will be in camp for the week before, and the entire 6N - he has a young family, I don’t blame him. Tough times for players and if anyone chooses to put family first, good on them
Cherchez la truffe

25 Jan 2021 19:57 pm:

colinboag wrote:The England players will be in camp for the week before, and the entire 6N - he has a young family, I don’t blame him. Tough times for players and if anyone chooses to put family first, good on them

I get that, but he could have said no, before the squad was named.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

25 Jan 2021 20:07 pm:

Shall we start a Marler thread ?. :)

I do think he has been man enough to step down. I don't think his heart was in this. He retired before. Credit to the man he won the recall having made himself available for selection. Would he honour a British Lions call up ?. I wonder ?. That would be interesting ; but unlikely he will be selected.

IF his head isn't in the squad and playing in the competition then he has definitely done the right thing for EJ and the side by going back home. As for his family ; well that has to come first . Good luck to him.

Alun Wyn can cancel his reinforced jock strap order now .
Hall of Famer

25 Jan 2021 20:49 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:My comments were in no way linked to the other massively personal events in his life but solely re. rugby. I feel very sorry for the totally unintended happenings he has suffered outside rugby.

I would also mention that DC doesn't have to give interviews to the press or post continual updates/pictures of himself and family on social media. He chooses to do so......and by wanting to be in the media spotlight all the time must accept the negative comments it can sometimes bring. If you want to dance with the Devil accept the consequences.

1) he barely EVER posts on SM I follow him and I've seen at most 3 posts on Twitter, zilch on Facebook and honestly his Instagram is barely used, the most i seen was that heart wrenching video a holiday pic and one from his missus saying she loves him

2) I know how media works, they give him an ultimatum either talk to us or we will run a story with no input altogether. He had no choice talk or be attacked - in Star Wars terms he "let the Wookie win". Give me one instant where he comes across anything but balanced. The recent one actually thanks the majority of the Gloucester fans for how they've treated him, he seems gutted about the way it has gone too.
Enter something positive here.
Hall of Famer

25 Jan 2021 21:08 pm:

Amazing how often there are articles in the gutter press about him alongside posed photographs.

You are a more gullible sycophant than I imagined **. His publicist will be laughing all the way to the bank. As for having kicking sessions with Jonny Wilkinson ?? Give me a break....

As suggested we should all move on - and don't be massively surprised when he next makes headlines in the red-tops. That is the person he is and has always been. Peter Pan.

** You previously thought JA was the GRFC Saviour IIRC..... :roll: :roll:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

25 Jan 2021 21:15 pm:

Side point. What has Peter Pan got to do with it?
Keyser Sose
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby