Cips gone

Vice-Captain
Posts: 422

Re: Cips gone

15 Dec 2020 13:25 pm:

GlosLondon wrote:I saw a few people recently suggesting that something didn't seem right and maybe he was leaving. Most of the replies to that suggestion that I saw were pretty dismissive and condescending. Bet they feel silly now!


Absolutely - its amazing how many times that the "rumours" are pretty close to the mark, but get dismissed in a very condescending post...

Clearly something was wrong.

Equally there is no doubt in my mind from people I have spoken to (at another prem club) that Cips was influential in bringing in some of the coaching staff, so it does raise some big question marks about what is going on right now.
Vice-Captain
Posts: 398

Re: Cips gone

15 Dec 2020 13:26 pm:

One presumes therefore there is a bit of money to spend (c£200k/year by all accounts) - can it be spent and if so, where? Replacement 10 presumably, but split the cash or splash it all on a new playmaker?
On the board
Posts: 952

Re: Cips gone

15 Dec 2020 13:28 pm:

One of the best players I’ve seen play for Gloucester. Absolutely outstanding in his first season at the club, and while he couldn’t reach those levels in his second season he was still much better than some give him credit for, in an otherwise poor team. At 33 it’s the right time for him to be moving on, but I’m disappointed he won’t finish the season with us.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3178

Re: Cips gone

15 Dec 2020 13:29 pm:

Ashtennisguru wrote:One presumes therefore there is a bit of money to spend (c£200k/year by all accounts) - can it be spent and if so, where? Replacement 10 presumably, but split the cash or splash it all on a new playmaker?


Surely until we have crowd numbers back its best to bank the cash money and give Evans the backing as 1st choice to see how he goes whilst also taking the chance to give Barton some more exposure.

Although if Hastings is coming then maybe get him in early doors.
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1120

Re: Cips gone

15 Dec 2020 13:34 pm:

Opportunist wrote:One of the best players I’ve seen play for Gloucester. Absolutely outstanding in his first season at the club, and while he couldn’t reach those levels in his second season he was still much better than some give him credit for, in an otherwise poor team. At 33 it’s the right time for him to be moving on, but I’m disappointed he won’t finish the season with us.


Agree. We saw some amazing moments, for that I’m grateful. With a dominant pack and dry conditions he is one of the best.

I’m sure we will recruit well, and if that’s not until next season I’m
Excited to see Barton get some game time. There are also about 400,000 reasons why it isn’t the end of the world.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1354
Location: West Oxfordshire

Re: Cips gone

15 Dec 2020 13:47 pm:

I cannot say I am too surprised what with recent announcements, but I am very sad to read this given how wonderful the highs have been while Cips was at the club. The man was the catalyst for the season Glaws finished 3rd and his departure feels like the end of the final chapter in the Ackerman saga... oh what could have been.

I cannot see where he is going or anything to suggest what this is about. He's been through the ringer this year and even during the best of times, he's know to be a sensitive chap. He's part of the Glaws family forever as far as I am concerned, and I really hope everything is ok.

All the very best Danny and thank you sir. You've given us all so much.
Senior squad member
Posts: 175
Location: Row ZD

Re: Cips gone

15 Dec 2020 13:48 pm:

Legendoft'Autostrada wrote:What a shame but best to get it out in the open and end the speculation. He leaves with our best wishes and warm memories of that splendid 18-19 season still fresh.


I’m afraid this will start a lot more speculation. Why now?
Jumped or pushed? Etc etc.
Maybe we will find out next Xmas in his autobiography?
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3384

Re: Cips gone

15 Dec 2020 13:50 pm:

It always feels a bit funny when a 1st team player decides to leave half way through a season. The rumours of his influence of Ackermann being pushed out will haunt the club a bit but as a person I wish him well. Now to move on!
Leg-end
Posts: 1642

Re: Cips gone

15 Dec 2020 13:50 pm:

yourrealname wrote:
Legendoft'Autostrada wrote:What a shame but best to get it out in the open and end the speculation. He leaves with our best wishes and warm memories of that splendid 18-19 season still fresh.


I’m afraid this will start a lot more speculation. Why now?
Jumped or pushed? Etc etc.
Maybe we will find out next Xmas in his autobiography?


It will end the speculation and associated uncertainty of whether he is staying or leaving.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3957
Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

Re: Cips gone

15 Dec 2020 13:54 pm:

DC will have some of his contract paid out as severance pay so maybe not as much of his salary available as some would hope. It is an "agreed compromise" departure sweetened with cash.........

I would think GS will make-do with LE, Barton and BTT for rest of this season - especially with likely no relegation - and then bring in Hastings next Season. Hastings will be away with Scotland for a couple of busy months anyway.
Last edited by Gloucester Mute on 15 Dec 2020 13:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby