Cips gone

Re: Cips gone

15 Dec 2020 13:57 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:DC will have some of his contract paid out as severance pay so maybe not as much of his salary available as some would hope.

I would think GS will make-do with LE, Barton and BTT for rest of this season - especially with likely no relegation - and then bring in Hastings next Season. Hastings will be away with Scotland for a couple of busy months anyway.

Money: Not necessarily GM, if DC instigated the out.
aka John Neary
First team regular

15 Dec 2020 14:02 pm:

If it was Danny's decision to leave, then why would he receive severance pay?
Hero in the making

15 Dec 2020 14:04 pm:

Legendoft'Autostrada wrote:It will end the speculation and associated uncertainty of whether he is staying or leaving.

Does this mean we're back to discussing the screen above the Shed at the Fans Forum?
Leg-end

15 Dec 2020 14:05 pm:

Nuts wrote:
Legendoft'Autostrada wrote:It will end the speculation and associated uncertainty of whether he is staying or leaving.

Does this mean we're back to discussing the screen above the Shed at the Fans Forum?

Let's hope so! :D
Vice-Captain

15 Dec 2020 14:06 pm:

What a pleasure it was to see him play in C&W. What a player.

Wish him all the best for the future.
Hall of Famer

15 Dec 2020 14:13 pm:

It seems nowadays a contract means nothing. Once he lost interest his performances bombed.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!

15 Dec 2020 14:15 pm:

Brilliant player, akin to a flawed genius. Shame it's not worked out so that DC could see out his career at Glos, at a winning Glos.

However, alot has happened to him in a short period of time, but without wanting to be disingenuous I do think he stayed in England to go to the RWC 2019, once that boat sailed the motivation probably dropped. Caroline Flack; getting married, family in Kent and the type of character he is has brought this to an end sooner than probably anyone wanted.

Good luck to Danny.
Vice-Captain

15 Dec 2020 15:10 pm:

Blackcountryglaws wrote:If it was Danny's decision to leave, then why would he receive severance pay?

I am certain that DC will be well advised.... for him to leave part way through a contract, it would almost certainly be as a compromise agreement, with a settlement.

The simultaneous release of completely bland statements on both sides not attributing any blame, would also suggest the wording of statements was pre agreed and I suspect we will not hear another word on his departure from either side...
Hall of Famer

15 Dec 2020 15:15 pm:

He's been wonderful to watch, a player for whom the rest of the game seemed in slow motion when he had the ball. Thanks for some glorious memories Golden Wrists and good luck with whatever you do.

15 Dec 2020 15:16 pm:

Crasher wrote:
Blackcountryglaws wrote:If it was Danny's decision to leave, then why would he receive severance pay?

I am certain that DC will be well advised.... for him to leave part way through a contract, it would almost certainly be as a compromise agreement, with a settlement.

The simultaneous release of completely bland statements on both sides not attributing any blame, would also suggest the wording of statements was pre agreed and I suspect we will not hear another word on his departure from either side...

Very unlikely if he pops up in France or Japan in the near future....his extended contract was done for a reason with his and his agents full knowledge and agreement.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby