Cips gone

Hall of Famer

Re: Cips gone

15 Dec 2020 15:18 pm:

A great player, very sorry to see him go.

Welcome Hastings, very happy to see you arrive.
Formerly Sky blue
Vice-Captain

15 Dec 2020 15:19 pm:

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:Very unlikely if he pops up in France or Japan in the near future....his extended contract was done for a reason with his and his agents full knowledge and agreement.

Why does going to france or japan make it unlikely that he settled his position with Gloucester? its more likely in that case...

I am not saying he got the full value of the contract paid out, but I am pretty sure he wouldn't have walked away with nothing in the circumstances...
Vice-Captain

15 Dec 2020 15:44 pm:

Nuts wrote:
Legendoft'Autostrada wrote:It will end the speculation and associated uncertainty of whether he is staying or leaving.

Does this mean we're back to discussing the screen above the Shed at the Fans Forum?

For those in the shed, we would like to discuss the poor PA system
Hall of Famer

15 Dec 2020 15:53 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:DC will have some of his contract paid out as severance pay so maybe not as much of his salary available as some would hope. It is an "agreed compromise" departure sweetened with cash.........

I would think GS will make-do with LE, Barton and BTT for rest of this season - especially with likely no relegation - and then bring in Hastings next Season. Hastings will be away with Scotland for a couple of busy months anyway.

Unless there are very advanced plans to get rid of relegation then GS should definitely be working on the basis that relegation will be happening.
Keyser Sose
Senior squad member

15 Dec 2020 15:58 pm:

I hope he is OK and wish him the very best for the future. I've enjoyed watching his spark in quite a few games and on his best form, he must be one of the best passers of the ball in the Prem. Deep wealth of experience and rugby know-how for wherever he is going.
Hall of Famer

15 Dec 2020 16:01 pm:

Thanks Danny for the privilege of watching you at your very best. Whatever the circumstances and reasons for your departure, nothing can take away those memories. I hope you’re ok and wish you the very best of luck in future, whatever that may bring
The older I get the faster I was. Used to be known as Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

15 Dec 2020 16:08 pm:

All the best for the future Danny and thanks for those wonderful moments you gave us.
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Hall of Famer

15 Dec 2020 16:23 pm:

My hunch, FWIW (which is probably not very much) is that the difference between Ackermann's approach, and that of GS is what caused the parting of the ways. I suspect that there were frank conversations after the loss to Tigers about the style of play GS wants Glaws to have, and that 'rugby differences' came to light. Irrespective of friendships (and GS is adamant that there is no personal rift), GS is the boss, and the squad play to his game plan - if anyone sees things differently then it's better they go sooner rather than later. As I say, that's speculation on my part, and I think it will be a while before any further details are out there!
Cherchez la truffe
Vice-Captain

15 Dec 2020 16:28 pm:

Not really a surprise given the recent silence from the club (which to my mind is absolutely correct as things were being worked out behind the scenes and not in the press), but I will miss him in a Cherry and White shirt. Gave some great memories in his time at CG. Wish him all the best in the future wherever that takes him.
Vice-Captain

15 Dec 2020 16:29 pm:

Any decent championship FH's available on short term cover?? Farrell perhaps?? As if DC wasn't a divisive enough figure on Shedweb......................................... Good goalkicker........................................
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby