Cips gone

Hall of Famer

Re: Cips gone

23 Jan 2021 19:45 pm:

Lebowski wrote:Madders - genuine question. Bearing in mind:

DC gave us Glos fans some amazing moments and indeed memories many of us will never forget;
He has been through some really tough times and has clearly been struggling with his mental health (as somebody who worked in this field I completely understand this although it seems some don’t);
I am guessing you have never met him;
I am similarly guessing (actually assuming) he has never done anything harmful to you;

why do you feel the need to continually be so unpleasant towards and about him? Why can you not just accept his universe is not aligned with yours and wish him well? :? :?

+1
Vice-Captain

23 Jan 2021 19:47 pm:

+2
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 19:59 pm:

Why are we still talking about Cipriani. Decision made, move on.
I wish him well in whatever he chooses in the future but as far as I’m concerned as a Gloucester supporter he’s not important.
Prefer to focus on supporting the players that want to play for this great club and looking to the future.
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 20:01 pm:

Everybody has sh*t in their lives. Some man up and deliver to their well paid commitments......and some don’t.
Btw, be gentle, my hamster died. :(
Oh dear, Paul Stevens the stalker.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 20:04 pm:

+3

I've thankfully never gone through what Cips has gone through:

Death of friends that he relied on, loss of a child in late stage pregnancy with his significant other, been under undue scrutiny by the tabloids from youth that peddled half truths, lies of which they fed and got swallowed by the gullible - meaning wherever he goes, people spit b0llocks about him.

Leave him alone and #bekind
Enter something positive here.
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 20:07 pm:

madders wrote:Everybody has sh*t in their lives. Some man up and deliver to their well paid commitments......and some don’t.

Pretty sure I’ve ever responded to any of your posts, except the ones on the Fa cup thread and this one. So not exactly a stalker?
You seem angst ridden.

You’re drunk.
Go to bed.
Last edited by Paul Stevens on 23 Jan 2021 20:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 20:08 pm:

madders wrote:Everybody has sh*t in their lives. Some man up and deliver to their well paid commitments......and some don’t.

Society has taught men that the expression of their feelings and seeking help is weak and shameful. Because feelings are for the weak, right? Wrong.

The perception that men must bottle their emotions is conditioned across the globe from a young age where we are taught that crying, talking about feelings or showing emotions is equated to weakness. Do you remember being told to be a ‘big boy’ and not to cry? This causes the belief that expressing emotion is wrong, that we have to deal with problems alone, and we must be ‘tough’ in the face of adversity. From childhood we are denied the option of dealing with emotions, which we carry through to adulthood causing mental and physical issues.

The ‘man up’ culture symbolises a stereotype of men being the provider, the hunter, and strong. Not living up to this image could result in criticism, mockery and disappointment for not being ‘a real man’. Despite the great progress made in breaking down stereotypes, this perception of man is still upheld resulting in many men not feeling like they can address the problems in their lives.

‘Man up’ is a toxic version of masculinity, another way of putting up and shutting up.
Enter something positive here.
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 20:08 pm:

This thread started about Cheltenham Town. Ask Mr Stevens why it changed, not me.
By the way, have you met the Mrs :mrgreen:
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 20:11 pm:

I hope he finds another club soon - I will be making an effort to watch and cheer him on (provided it's not Bath ;) )
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 20:28 pm:

madders wrote:This thread started about Cheltenham Town. Ask Mr Stevens why it changed, not me.
By the way, have you met the Mrs :mrgreen:

You’re not criticising me on the correct thread.
But thanks for the effort.

8-)
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby