EPCR and Covid

Re: EPCR and Covid

12 Jan 2021 20:12 pm:

To change it now would be a nonsense. Just cancel it and concentrate on the leagues.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 20:30 pm:

DieTrying wrote:To change it now would be a nonsense. Jys5t cancel it and concentrate on the leagues.

And the clubs pay-back the TV money/sponsorship ?? I would think GRFC would be much happier to play (as paid). Everyone needs every bean they can get at the moment.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

13 Jan 2021 22:46 pm:

The Beeb is reporting that this week (Monday), 18 persons (13 players and 5 staff) across 8 clubs were tested positive.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
On the board

14 Jan 2021 11:22 am:

DieTrying wrote:To change it now would be a nonsense. Just cancel it and concentrate on the leagues.

And if the French don't want to play English clubs now, is it really going to be all ok by April for knockouts?
Hall of Famer

14 Jan 2021 11:47 am:

GlawsyD wrote:The Beeb is reporting that this week (Monday), 18 persons (13 players and 5 staff) across 8 clubs were tested positive.

One less than last week...........
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Turns out for the A team

14 Jan 2021 19:15 pm:

The final two rounds of European pool matches that were postponed earlier this week will not be rearranged, Premiership Rugby has confirmed.

The games were set to take place over the next two weekends but instead the Champions Cup and Challenge Cup will go straight to a knockout format in April.

European Cup organisers (EPCR) are set to announce the revamped structure of the competitions in the coming week.

"The decision was made by the EPCR executive," said Darren Childs.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55664542
Hero in the making

14 Jan 2021 21:59 pm:

I'm hearing Gloucester have just qualified for the knockouts of the Heineken Cup!!!!

With the last two rounds of the groups abandoned they are going into a 16 team knockout tournament.

And we are currently 8th :D
First team regular

15 Jan 2021 07:59 am:

Irish independent reporting that we play at Leinster in the last 16.
https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/le ... 70895.html
Hall of Famer

15 Jan 2021 09:13 am:

Well done George. Getting Gloucester to the knock out stages of the Heineken Cup in his first season. Heck of an achievement! ;) :lol:
Keyser Sose
On the board

15 Jan 2021 10:24 am:

Finish 8th in the league, send kids to France, win 1 game in the 85 minute and qualify for European knockouts :D

Can you imagine if we knocked Leinster out after that...
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby