Falcons OGT

Hall of Famer

Re: Falcons OGT

12 Jan 2021 21:05 pm:

I am also sure LL has been doing his level best as Captain and being genuine and honest in all he does. Just not well enough re. Captaincy IMVHO. I am sure LL is a great bloke BUT he ain't a great on-field captain.

BTW maybe you should apply your poorly worded advice "Rather then question whether he is up to job we should all get just behind him." to the Govt re. Covid ?? ie; Rather than question whether the Govt are up to job we should all just get behind them ?? ;) ;)
Last edited by Gloucester Mute on 12 Jan 2021 22:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Vice-Captain

12 Jan 2021 21:11 pm:

Alas with where we are as a side at the moment the captaincy will always be a talking point and decisions taken in narrow losses will be analysed to death.

Take a side that is consistently winning more than they lose and it seems less important. For example Joe Simmonds has rather an armchair ride as skipper of Exeter. Also Radrada at Bristol.
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 22:07 pm:

Hi Mute,
I believe your pressed submit before you answered Nuts’s question...
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 22:38 pm:

Paul Stevens wrote:Hi Mute,

I answered "Anyone with some game-management and decision-making skills..........."

Chris Harris, Mark Atkinson, Joe Simpson, Matt Garvey or Ruan Ackermann are all experienced players who could do a better job when ES/WH are banned/absent.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 22:46 pm:

Don't know about the others but didn't Garvey used to captain Bath?
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 22:47 pm:

Yes. And Slater @ Leicester.
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 22:51 pm:

Classic GM, how much captaincy experience do any of those players have? Yes they are "experienced players" but I cannot see what else you are basing those suggestions on and of course we are not around the squad all week and know what their personal characteristics are.
Garvey is a bit part player and with us short term. I don't see him as David Steel type who is worth including at the cost of a better player because his captaincy is so valuable.
Almost as funny as Colin stating Harry Randall is 5ft 8in tall!!!!
Last edited by Still Realistic on 12 Jan 2021 23:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 22:58 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:
Paul Stevens wrote:Hi Mute,

I answered "Anyone with some game-management and decision-making skills..........."

Chris Harris, Mark Atkinson, Joe Simpson, Matt Garvey or Ruan Ackermann are all experienced players who could do a better job when ES/WH are banned/absent.

Thanks for answering the original question, eventually.
8-)
Senior squad member

12 Jan 2021 23:33 pm:

‘Almost as funny as Colin stating Harry Randall is 5ft 8in tall!!!!’
At least as tall as Mr Gleave!
Wish HR was still on our books. Sorry to be a bore but the guy is pure class.
Hall of Famer

13 Jan 2021 07:19 am:

Still Realistic wrote:I don't see him as David Steel type who is worth including at the cost of a better player because his captaincy is so valuable.

David Steel? Did you mean Mike Brearley?

I'm happy to back Lewis Ludlow to come good as he gains more experience.
The artist formerly known as Porky
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby