Wins

Hall of Famer

Wins

09 Jan 2021 15:52 pm:

So since rugby restart in August we have won 5 games and have well lost all the rest. Injuries are and have been a plenty but it seems like we are in a bit of a negative cycle.

I felt quite buoyed by the fans forum, but I'm now losing a bit of faith
Hall of Famer

Re: Wins

09 Jan 2021 15:54 pm:

Our pack is doing ok, it’s when the ball goes out to the backs we are clueless. No ability to get beyond the gain line unless we kick.
Been watching regularly since 1989, never felt flatter.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
Hero in the making

09 Jan 2021 16:01 pm:

Seen as the Skivington out brigade are out in full force on Twitter. This is my opinion.

Skivington inherited a club in a mess, big players lost, trying to find anyone available. The foundations weren't in place and he's having to build a club that was rotten in places.

This won't happen overnight, yes the results aren't what we want but in my mind calling for Skivington to go isn't the solution. We have to be patient.
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 16:05 pm:

Nick Mullins on Twitter, "Gloucester will get there, but it might need some patience".
Never Stay Down.
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 16:05 pm:

Phil W wrote:Seen as the Skivington out brigade are out in full force on Twitter. This is my opinion.

Skivington inherited a club in a mess, big players lost, trying to find anyone available. The foundations weren't in place and he's having to build a club that was rotten in places.

This won't happen overnight, yes the results aren't what we want but in my mind calling for Skivington to go isn't the solution. We have to be patient.

This isn’t Skivingtons fault, he inherited a mess, he’s improved the set piece, I am concerned how poor our back play is though or lack of it.

We’ve been on a steady decline these 2 seasons and unfortunately it looks like it could get worse before better.

The pressure of being bottom is clearly getting to us and I can see us being there for at least the next 3 prem games, at that point the gap is going to be too big.
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 16:06 pm:

What does win mean?

09 Jan 2021 16:12 pm:

Northampton have only won 2 since restart.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 16:17 pm:

So where is our next win coming from? I can only see us winning 2 more games this season based on current form. Worcester and Irish at home may result in 8 more points but we are going to feed off scraps and LBPs elsewhere. Can’t see us getting too many points against Bath, Exeter, Bristol, Quins or Wasps. LBP v Saints, Irish and Falcons at home perhaps. Let’s pray for ring fencing this season.
Panache et Precision
Vice-Captain

09 Jan 2021 16:22 pm:

Difficult to see where the next win is coming from but let's not jump on the coaches. It's obviously work in progress, in part hampered by injuries. There's been progress in the pack but the back play is lacking - we see glimpses but repeatedly fail to get our quality wingers into the game. Confidence, decision making making, accuracy, all lacking but one good performance could change that.
I'd like to see Atkinson and Twelvetress rested and a new partner for Harris, perhaps our new Georgian centre. Scrum half is perhaps the biggest challenge, without Heinz. Of all who have been on show this season I slightly prefer Chapman but someone needs a run and get a partnership running with the no 8 and Evans. And I'd freshen up the backrow, get Nagle-Taylor or Clement at 8, Reid to 7 and probably Ackermann back to 6. But it is going to be bumpy....
Neil Vincent
We all watch the same match but each of us sees a different game
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 16:41 pm:

It can’t help that Evans is in at the deep end with a different 9 each week most of whom are less experienced than he is.I’m wondering if we need billy to step in at 10 for a bit and play a bit more one dimensionally while the pack is working well, grind a win out and bring some confidence back.

We are trying to force moments of wonder and not buying our time.
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby