Wins

Hall of Famer

Re: Wins

09 Jan 2021 16:44 pm:

upton dc wrote:So where is our next win coming from? I can only see us winning 2 more games this season based on current form. Worcester and Irish at home may result in 8 more points but we are going to feed off scraps and LBPs elsewhere. Can’t see us getting too many points against Bath, Exeter, Bristol, Quins or Wasps. LBP v Saints, Irish and Falcons at home perhaps. Let’s pray for ring fencing this season.

I’m very very keen for a charity bet. I’ll bet we will win more than 2 games.....you saying 2 max?
Vice-Captain

09 Jan 2021 16:55 pm:

Agreed Ryno Chelt. Happy to put my money where my mouth is. We'll win more than 2 and I'll go further - we'll rinse someone and score 40+ by the end of the season.

GS talks a lot of sense. I've seen Melville, Davies, Ryan, Brush, Fisher, Akkers..and the same probs have also been present. Sinbad or A.N.Other scored a worldie or we played well for one game and the probs were painted ober. Who remembers our backline play shovelling sh!t ball backward to the point where Balshaw passed it against the post and the oppo scored? But apparently are backs are as terrible as they have ever been. Some players played poorly today and could do with being dropped. But think it'll be short-ish term pain for long term gain.

Come om Georgey...you'll float too!!
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 16:56 pm:

Based on current form I said. I expect the coaching regime to squeeze another 20% out of this side and we will no doubt surprise many with another couple of wins. Probably against Exeter and Wasps as we always manage to raise our performance against those 2 sides.
Panache et Precision
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 17:01 pm:

Big Red wrote:What does win mean?

:lol:
Tuffty (Andy Kershaw)

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Senior squad member

09 Jan 2021 17:11 pm:

upton dc wrote:Based on current form I said. I expect the coaching regime to squeeze another 20% out of this side and we will no doubt surprise many with another couple of wins. Probably against Exeter and Wasps as we always manage to raise our performance against those 2 sides.

Couple of wins??? Have you had a beer? We not too far away and will win more than a couple.
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 17:23 pm:

That was a couple on top of the other 2 I spoke about. So that makes at least another 4.
Panache et Precision
Turns out for the A team

09 Jan 2021 17:43 pm:

Try not to hit the panic button just yet there is a long way to go whilst we have not been at our best there are a lot of positives and i must admit quite a few negatives but i hope scrap out a few wins to get the monkey of their backs then hopefully we will see the kind of rugby we all want and expect from them. Get of G S back i am sure he will come good lets be fair we have to give him a fair chance
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 17:54 pm:

I'm not suggesting we sack and all that, I was disappointed when Ackermann left. I'm slightly concerned that we have lost so many since rugby restart in August. We look lost in our back play at times. Our defence is woeful at times, so something isn't quite right somewhere
Hero in the making

09 Jan 2021 20:48 pm:

Like the final 6 or 7 minutes before half time :roll:

It's fine margins. We were on the front foot, penalty advantage, Craig bursts through and only has to reach the line, advantage over called... But he doesn't have the gas, Flood comes in from the side and steals the ball, all out of position and their winger blisters away and scores at the other end.

We're not as bad as the Skivington critics would have you believe. Developing a winning team takes effort and time - and the groundwork is being done.
my real name is Nigel Williams, in my 50s, behind the posts in the Stowford
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 20:50 pm:

LowerO wrote:Like the final 6 or 7 minutes before half time :roll:

It's fine margins. We were on the front foot, penalty advantage, Craig bursts through and only has to reach the line, advantage over called... But he doesn't have the gas, Flood comes in from the side and steals the ball, all out of position and their winger blisters away and scores at the other end.

We're not as bad as the Skivington critics would have you believe. Developing a winning team takes effort and time - and the groundwork is being done.

This.

Also miss a relatively easy 3 and they go up the other end and score. Could quite easily been 10 0 up instead of 12 0 down. Unfortunately we can't keep having these excuses. At some stage we need to take our chances
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby