Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes : 152

Vice-Captain

Re: Is Skivington out of his depth

12 Jan 2021 17:50 pm:

In the prem this season we are conceding on average 28 points. 38 of them came from Leicester at the start and we were terrible that day. I actually think D is getting better. We showed some great bite in keeping Newcastle out just before half time. Jordy was having a day off and he adds to it. Attack is averaging just over 21 point for.

If we can continue to get better in the set piece I expect a few 50/50 pen calls to start going our way.

Personally I hope GS and the coaching team are here for 5 years minimum. What was the alternative? A repeat of every other season where we probably score a few amazing try’s from the wing but come 7-8-9th in the league? We have always yo-yoed 1 good season in 3 or 4?
Here’s one for the Statisticians. When was the last time we had 3 seasons of continually improving final league position?

I think a strip back with hopefully a rock solid scrum, continued line out maul attack and defence improvements. Exquisite re-start and exit drills. More D like we saw against Newcastle before half time. Oh I would also like us to be fitter and be able to pass a ball along a back line perfectly. Doing that as quickly as poss would get us off the bottom. We have good enough players ie the basics of the game done perfectly every time!
Dude

13 Jan 2021 18:04 pm:

People often say we’re continually rebuilding but I disagree. I can only speak about the last 20 years as I’m a relative newbie but IMO we’ve never actually rebuilt in that time, just reshuffled a bit. This feels different. This is much more far reaching.

We’ve already seen a huge improvement in the set piece and that’s down to GS. He appears to have a very clear long term strategy which I for one totally buy into. So my answer categorically is no, he’s not out of his depth. Both as a hands on coach and as a strategic manager he ticks the boxes. We may well have a long season ahead but I believe it will reap the dividends (apologies for the mixed metaphor) in the future.
Hall of Famer

13 Jan 2021 19:23 pm:

+1 but maybe slightly less gung-ho. Certainly agree that it will be a long season for all GRFC supporters.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby