Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes : 152

On the board

Re: Is Skivington out of his depth

09 Jan 2021 16:45 pm:

richclark wrote:Great idea to change the coaching set-up. That wouldn’t be disruptive at all, would it?

I think the question is about Mr Skivingtons ability at this time, not get rid of him. I would stick with him and hope he gets the best out of the team. Hopefully he will have a good de-brief with the lads on a long bus journey home.
Lockdown apathy has taken hold.

09 Jan 2021 16:46 pm:

For me, this thread is a nonsense. We've brought in a complete new coaching team, lost key players to overseas and injuries, lost our main playmaker & brought in new ones who need to gel. It should be deleted by the creator or locked.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 16:48 pm:

Tumpy+1 wrote:
richclark wrote:Great idea to change the coaching set-up. That wouldn’t be disruptive at all, would it?

I think the question is about Mr Skivingtons ability at this time, not get rid of him. I would stick with him and hope he gets the best out of the team. Hopefully he will have a good de-brief with the lads on a long bus journey home.

Exactly my point. FWIW I think he could do with some help. Either a DOR or more experienced Head Coach in an advisory role. I’ve actually said elsewhere I’m not calling for his head, nor expect to see it. I agree it would be of little benefit.
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 16:49 pm:

Someone just delete this - unhelpful is putting it mildly!
Cherchez la truffe
Senior squad member

09 Jan 2021 16:53 pm:

Is this supposed to give GS + coaches some needed support? Agree - delete this ASAP.
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 16:53 pm:

No, shouldn't be deleted. It needs to be discussed. Whilst we were all impressed with the way he spoke at the fans forum, his vision etc, results just aren't good enough. He is the Head Coach at the end of the day and is responsible for results. He needs to turn things around quickly.
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 16:55 pm:

This is a genuine, neutral and noncommittal question:

“When (season / approximate date) were Glaws last on the bottom of the table before this season?”

I appreciate the colour this quest has but I ask it as a genuine question to try to gain some perspective. I voted ‘No’ by the way.
Last edited by Tuffty on 09 Jan 2021 17:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Hero in the making

09 Jan 2021 17:01 pm:

What a short sighted comment its the 9/10 axis that look out of their depth + we just need a bit of good luck but we do need some points pretty quickly.
For me Evans looks a bit lost running when he should kick, passing bad ball on etc however biggest problem is at 9 but given Heinz is not available it is what it is & we have to find a way to manage.
I would actually play pragmatically put Ttees to 10 & maybe Evans at 12 drop Atkinson who seems to think he has to do what Cips used to do.
Senior squad member

09 Jan 2021 17:03 pm:

I'm certainly no expert, but I would guess that GS might have worked out that results need to improve. I doubt he goes out each week to lose games. For a bloke who has been in rugby for probably all of his adult life, he (+ his coaching team + his senior players) probably have some ideas as to how to improve. He will also have an extensive network of trusted contacts to call on if he needs advice or ideas. Let's give him some support when it's needed, rather than ask if he is out of his depth (which he certainly is not).
Last edited by Wolves Biffo on 09 Jan 2021 17:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 17:03 pm:

We seem to be in a similar position to Irish when they appointed the inexperienced Kennedy, which didn't end well.

Given the current financial situation the appointment was not unexpected. Whilst as a supporter I clearly wish him well, if we we were hiring a coach taking his first top job, my view hasn't changed. We should have gone for Sanderson.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby