Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes : 152

Hall of Famer

Re: Is Skivington out of his depth

09 Jan 2021 18:15 pm:

Shame this sort of question on this site.
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 18:21 pm:

The post that annoys me most is the one that started this thread: if it’s not your view, why ask? It’s shameful IMO. Needs to be deleted now that the people on here have given their overwhelming view.
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 18:23 pm:

Is my maths awful, I make it a third of respondents say Yes?
First team regular

09 Jan 2021 18:29 pm:

plod wrote:Is my maths awful, I make it a third of respondents say Yes?

Yeah, 25% is a quarter mate, not a third.
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 18:29 pm:

A quarter of respondents say yes, and three quarters say no...in any election that would be classed as overwhelming!
Cherchez la truffe
Vice-Captain

09 Jan 2021 18:39 pm:

Nothing wrong with asking to discuss, some of the comments on here are ridiculously over the top. It's a fan's forum for goodness sake..... cancel culture in force on here it seems.

Too early to say if he's out of his depth at the moment, by the end of the season i would suggest that is long enough to ascertain if he's the right man for the job. We do need stability and we do need to persevere with the coaches but is the question are some of the players out of their depth?
Vice-Captain

09 Jan 2021 18:41 pm:

There are many stages to create a team. We are well and truly at stage 1. forming, storming, norming, and performing.

continuing to chop and change has been something of a norm at Glos. We’ve never had continued focus on basics, we’ve never been drilled to perfection so that everyone knows exactly what to do at a given moment when pressure is on. Never formed patterns, a style, a culture.
We all know how Exeter play, how Saracens play, how Leicester in their pomp and Wasps when they used to go on those runs play. In fact the most successful clubs in the pro era are Leicester, Wasps, Exeter and Saracens. When they went on those cycles of success they had well established coaching teams that built the success over many years.

I personally think our coaching team will come good. Young, ambitious, modern ex pros. It doesn’t matter who’s missing, who’s injured. The point is small incremental steps. As long as they keep happening (and they are) then we move forward....albeit slowly.
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 18:42 pm:

UtilityBack wrote:I don’t want to do down the plastic route again, but this kind of dross is exactly what was referring too. Thank god we’ve got a UEFA qualified football coach here too FFS. Like asking a plumber about your electrics :D

I’ve seen nothing to suggest he is out of his depth.

Not out of his depth? Have you seen the table?

UtilityBack. Please feel free to block me, as you obviously know nothing about this subject. Unfortunately you are part of the problem with Coaching in England, as you don't understand the merits of different Sports learning from each other.

To demonstrate how little you know, you used an analogy about a plumber and electrics. I'm pretty sure that metal pipes should be grounded. So yeah, I expect a plumber to know something about electrics.
First team regular

09 Jan 2021 18:58 pm:

Why would I block you? You’ve provided no evidence at all that he is out of his depth. If you think a coaching badge for football is relevant to rugby then you really are quite thick. Or shall we bring in Big Sam to take us up the table. :roll:
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 19:07 pm:

I'm not sure I want to be get drawn into this but pipes do not need to be grounded. They are often used to provide an earth (ground) for a circuit however.
Never Stay Down.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby