On a trial

Re: Is Skivington out of his depth

09 Jan 2021 22:06 pm:

Embarrassing poll
On the board

09 Jan 2021 22:13 pm:

Just helped the +%.
Under the current financial circumstances I am confident George will do a good job, we should support him, he will decide on his support staff, given time.
Last edited by Captain Jolly on 09 Jan 2021 22:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Westy is watching.
First team regular

09 Jan 2021 22:14 pm:

If you are saying that the coaching is bad it’s incumbent on you to provide evidence. All the indicators I see suggest they are well coached, but we are weak in a few key positions. Individual errors, in some cases because players are at the edge of their capabilities, are costing us on a weekly basis. For example, the stats suggest the set piece is significantly better than previous seasons, but place kicking remains a serious issue. Equally, there is very little wrong with the box kicking plan, but the execution is inconsistent. I’d love to hear your perspective with your UEFA B licensed coach hat on... what are you seeing that suggests coaching is to blame?
Turns out for the A team

09 Jan 2021 22:19 pm:

Captain Mainwaring wrote:Embarrassing poll

Agreed, even if asked in good faith it, the wording leads to a perception that GS is out of his depth. We are in danger of falling into football territory of blaming, then sacking the manager every time positive results don’t come quickly enough.
Hall of Famer

09 Jan 2021 22:48 pm:

It will be interesting to review this thread in 3 months time.
Vice-Captain

09 Jan 2021 23:36 pm:

I must admit I think it’s more our defence than anything else
Hall of Famer

10 Jan 2021 10:39 am:

Unfortunately just as our pack has improved our backs (for obvious reasons) have lost their zest.
Get this back and we will thrive.
GS is doing fine, we will come good.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
On the board

10 Jan 2021 11:07 am:

I have said this before but we have to really fundamentally understand that we must now stick with the current coaching set up through thick and thin. We have chopped and changed too much in the past and that is why we are where we are. GS and his chosen team must be with us for the long haul. Posts like this are not helpful and should be removed
West is best
Hall of Famer

10 Jan 2021 11:37 am:

I think our defence is getting there. Our 5m defence is much better, and so is our discipline. It's a new system, and players will make individual errors - such as Garvey's yesterday - but that will get better.
Cherchez la truffe

10 Jan 2021 12:00 pm:

We have a solid lineout with Alemano/Slater, props that play all day and hold up well and a driving maul that goes forwards. The defence at the end of the first half (was it over 30 phases?) was top drawer....that is what I wanted from George....

....it's the pretty boys that need to get their arses into gear....that's for Taylor and King to sort. Backs at this level should not be taking the ball standing still...just basics to be taking it in their stride. The dummy runner on Evans' pass is a waste of time we need some more imagination.

Two days of the backs analysing every pass and the first 5 strides they make with it. Then two weeks of drill, then some drill and when they're sick of that some more drill until they get it right....
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby