Kyle Sinckler cited

Hall of Famer

Kyle Sinckler cited

11 Jan 2021 17:17 pm:

Kyle Sinckler has been cited for "failing to respect the authority of the match official."
Previously Mark from Stroud
Hall of Famer

Re: Kyle Sinckler cited

11 Jan 2021 17:21 pm:

Good. Dickson heard it and I thought he should have dealt with it there and then, straight red card for me
Hall of Famer

11 Jan 2021 17:25 pm:

Not1eyed wrote:Good. Dickson heard it and I thought he should have dealt with it there and then, straight red card for me

I thought the same. Whoever was commentating said something about knowing each other from Quins, but it should have been red.
Previously Mark from Stroud
Hall of Famer

11 Jan 2021 17:42 pm:

Whilst it absolutely be felt with it not sure the citing board will be able to see it through. It was clearly heard by the referee who opted to not take action. The Citing panel remit is to review incidents that were missed is it not? I’m sure if that is the case Bristol can challenge it.
What would be more fitting is the RFU stepping in and charging him for bringing the game into disrepute.
Hall of Famer

11 Jan 2021 17:49 pm:

In no way condoning Sinckler, but how bad was the LCD tackle that Sinckler objected to?
Hall of Famer

11 Jan 2021 18:09 pm:

Karl Dickson overruled again, interesting.

This sort of behaviour needs to be stamped down on. Gives such a terrible image of the game at the highest level and may encourage any young players watching.
Hero in the making

11 Jan 2021 18:14 pm:

Simmo468 wrote:Whilst it absolutely be felt with it not sure the citing board will be able to see it through. It was clearly heard by the referee who opted to not take action. The Citing panel remit is to review incidents that were missed is it not? I’m sure if that is the case Bristol can challenge it.
What would be more fitting is the RFU stepping in and charging him for bringing the game into disrepute.

From the RFU regs...
Citing Commissioners may cite players for an act(s) of foul play detected by the Match Officials (referee, assistant referee or TMO) and which may have been the subject of referee action. As a general rule, the Citing Commissioner should carefully consider the actions taken by the Match Officials and support the on-field decision and only consider taking action if it is ‘clear and obvious’, based on all the evidence available to the Citing Commissioner post-match, that the player actions justify a citing (red card equivalent) or Citing Commissioner Warning.
Another yard boys, another yard!

11 Jan 2021 18:16 pm:

So, if KS has been cited the process has been tested and found that his actions warranted a citing.
Hall of Famer

11 Jan 2021 18:37 pm:

Just watched it, LCD was penalised for a no arms tackle in the end, he just launches himself at Sinckler, no wonder KS was annoyed, but his reaction is clearly heard on the TV.

LCD smirking at the penalty doesn't look that good either.
Hall of Famer

11 Jan 2021 19:06 pm:

Up the jumper wrote:
Simmo468 wrote:Whilst it absolutely be felt with it not sure the citing board will be able to see it through. It was clearly heard by the referee who opted to not take action. The Citing panel remit is to review incidents that were missed is it not? I’m sure if that is the case Bristol can challenge it.

From the RFU regs...
Citing Commissioners may cite players for an act(s) of foul play detected by the Match Officials (referee, assistant referee or TMO) and which may have been the subject of referee action. As a general rule, the Citing Commissioner should carefully consider the actions taken by the Match Officials and support the on-field decision and only consider taking action if it is ‘clear and obvious’, based on all the evidence available to the Citing Commissioner post-match, that the player actions justify a citing (red card equivalent) or Citing Commissioner Warning.

Thanks for correcting me :D
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby