Kyle Sinckler cited

Dude

Re: Kyle Sinckler cited

14 Jan 2021 08:17 am:

Not really sure what is nuanced about it at all, so please do explain. :?

As I said, two different games. In American Football if a player even touches an official he is ejected. In baseball its part of the theatre for coaches and players to get right in the umpire’s face shouting and arguing. Two different ends of the spectrum in terms of respect and behaviour, and neither is remotely relevant to rugby. Same as football.
Hall of Famer

14 Jan 2021 09:44 am:

Interesting deets Leb and good to expand the thread from rugby to football to other sports. Thanks. ;)

With Lockdown and no domestic rugby we have to expand our conversation or wither on the Lockdown/Stay At Home vine.

Being vaccinated t'row !!
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

14 Jan 2021 10:01 am:

Great news.
Hall of Famer

14 Jan 2021 10:06 am:

Good news GM - stay safe - who knows, we might yet get that game of golf!
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

14 Jan 2021 10:08 am:

Covid or truth serum? :mrgreen:
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
Hall of Famer

14 Jan 2021 10:10 am:

Good news Mute. Go well.
Never Stay Down.
Vice-Captain

14 Jan 2021 10:36 am:

Go well GM!
Leb - never really understood why baseball managers go through those theatrics. Almost always ends in ejection. There are stats available for most ejections - think Bobby Cox (Braves) broke the 160 barrier, which is basically a season's worth of games. You'd have thought he might have learned at some point!
Dude

14 Jan 2021 11:47 am:

I think there are two reasons Tim. Firstly as you say they almost always end in ejection which I think is the idea. It’s a way to try and change the momentum in the game. Secondly, as I said, it’s all part of the theatre.
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby