Kyle Sinckler cited

Hall of Famer

Re: Kyle Sinckler cited

13 Jan 2021 10:24 am:

Any news ??

The key will be between KS's questioning of the referee (using foul language) v the fact that the TMO overruled the referee's initial judgement re. LCD's tackle.

It was a penalty offence but ref played on so KS therefore questioned decision including swearing. KS was actually right BUT gets cited because he swore. LCD was simply penalised. Doesn't feel quite right or fair + it's another Karl Dickson over-rule. :roll:

I would hope that KS a big rap on knuckles for his bad language - that all players will read about so should learn a lesson - but no ban. Cynically the games now being cancelled/postponed + upcoming 6N overlap will tax the minds of the "judges".........
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!

13 Jan 2021 10:55 am:

Not strictly true Mute.

- Is KS entitled to speak to the ref ?
- what instructions did the Ref give pre match about players approaching him with questions, ie: should it only be the Capt. etc
- swearing either at the ref or using foul language whilst in a discussion is not really on is it.
First team regular

13 Jan 2021 11:06 am:

I may be biased, but I haven't been impressed with KD's officiating in his last two games; he seems to to see the tiny things but miss the the bigger picture.
Remember him being better than this last season and before.
Hall of Famer

13 Jan 2021 11:08 am:

I agree Barrie - not impressed at all. Ok at the Gloucester v Sale match he had terrible support from the other officials. But generally I think he is a way behind the other prem refs.

But time needs to be given - unlike many, I think CMK is a very good ref and he also had a rocky start!
On the board

13 Jan 2021 11:22 am:

2 game (edited from weeks) ban for Sinkler. Includes 1 Bristol game he probably wouldn't have played plus Eng vs Sco
Last edited by Allez Glaws on 13 Jan 2021 13:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vice-Captain

13 Jan 2021 11:56 am:

Allez Glaws wrote:2 week ban for Sinkler. Includes 1 Bristol game he probably wouldn't have played plus Eng vs Sco

Not a very strong message to others around the world. He even contested the charge and still only got two weeks.
Hall of Famer

13 Jan 2021 12:01 pm:

Would there not be some implied mitigation in that the Ref made a complete horlicks of the initial decision about the tackle, although they say the opposite in the decision.

“The panel found that as his actions disrespected the authority of the referee it was in breach of a core value of rugby - respect of match officials – and warranted a red card. The panel determined that in all the circumstances it was a low entry point with no relevant mitigation. The sanction is a two-week ban.”

2 weeks does seem quite lenient but I can't believe he'd get a softer sentence for being a current international. :D

I thought KD had been dropped from the PRL panel and only bought back because of the logistics of covid-bubbles etc for the officials ?
Site Admin

13 Jan 2021 13:18 pm:

But if steaming in from 10 yards out with a shoulder to the head of a man who is both unaware on the impending hit and unable to defend himself (partially because he is being held by another player) only gets 3 weeks.. what more can we expect?
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...

13 Jan 2021 13:41 pm:

Is that a two week ban?...not a two match ban. Not much happening in the next couple of weeks...
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

13 Jan 2021 13:43 pm:

Lewi7 wrote:Not strictly true Mute.

- Is KS entitled to speak to the ref ?
- what instructions did the Ref give pre match about players approaching him with questions, ie: should it only be the Capt. etc
- swearing either at the ref or using foul language whilst in a discussion is not really on is it.

Yep - fair points Lewi. Core Values are important for the game to follow - Respect being one.

Bottom line is he shouted/swore towards referee and whether right/wrong he shouldn't have done.

SIBARITE - 2 weeks seems about right to me. He didn't deny it - he explained why he'd done it. Read the Judgement. Also no-one got hurt - that is when bans should be stiffer.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby