Kyle Sinckler cited

Site Admin

Re: Kyle Sinckler cited

13 Jan 2021 16:40 pm:

Sounds like when my wife says "I know it was £50.. but it was reduced from £75!"
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

13 Jan 2021 17:12 pm:

SIBARITE wrote:From the BBC
"Sinckler, 27, contested the charge of failing to respect the authority of a match official at a hearing on Tuesday.

However, it was ruled he did direct his "aggressive" language towards Karl Dickson in Bristol's win at Exeter"

How can he contest the charge while admitting he said it? Did he perhaps try the equally ridiculous Dylan Hartley defence of I wasn't talking to the Ref? Seems like the logic of a fool. Should have got a longer ban.

In all fairness to Sinkler, Dickson is probably the worst referee in the Premiership. But in fairness to the powers that be he shouldn't have done what he did and deserved what he got.
In Skivington we Trust, the future is Cherry & white
On the board

13 Jan 2021 17:42 pm:

I raise you Ian Tempest MrGlawsRocker!
Leg-end

13 Jan 2021 18:05 pm:

Allez Glaws wrote:I raise you Ian Tempest MrGlawsRocker!

Another vote for Tempest!
Dude

13 Jan 2021 18:09 pm:

What on earth has football (and I’m a football fan btw) where players show little if any respect for officials, and the authorities indulge that, got to do with this? :?
Hall of Famer

13 Jan 2021 19:20 pm:

It's a comparative team sport BUT with differing Laws/Rules and interpretations. It's interesting how they differ/are perceived by rugby v football referee/player/fans

Plus it's a forum where threads can develop as the discussion between various parties meanders.

The thread can't only concentrate on points that you specifically consider relevant - it's more democratic than that.

We are more accommodating and less patronising than you.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Dude

13 Jan 2021 19:31 pm:

:D :D :D

Mutey you do make me chuckle. :lol:
Vice-Captain
Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!

13 Jan 2021 19:38 pm:

This thread reinforces my opinion that Dickson is way out of his depth in the prem.
Hall of Famer

13 Jan 2021 20:13 pm:

I had the good fortune to play golf with Phillip Don in La Manga and we had a conversation about exactly this. He told me as a ref he was instructed to give a free kick and get away from the offensive quickly do often they didn’t hear the abuse tv cameras or lip readers picked up.
He did say most refs he knew would prefer it to be more like rugby
Hall of Famer

14 Jan 2021 00:04 am:

Lebowski wrote:What on earth has football (and I’m a football fan btw) where players show little if any respect for officials, and the authorities indulge that, got to do with this? :?

As GM said.

I was just adding some meat to the bones from Football Law 12, as GM said about Foul language to a Referee. I can explain quite easily Leb. In Football there is no such thing as Foul Language as who decides what foul language is? In both codes if it is aimed at the Referee directly, then you should see a red card. It happens in Football, yet didn't happen when KS directed his language at KD.

If this far to nuanced for you, I am happy to explain further.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby