Confirmed signings

Hall of Famer

Re: Confirmed signings

25 Mar 2021 10:22 am:

Ben Carter wrote:I'm also a bit disappointed by this news, especially as the club went above and beyond to respect his personal life and difficulties last season. Signing so soon after leaving us in the mess does leave a sour taste. Perhaps we can pray for an unusually wet season over the Rec?

He is (I think) 33, how long do you think he should wait!? I doubt if the queue of clubs waiting to sign him was very long.

25 Mar 2021 10:44 am:

lucifer wrote:
Ben Carter wrote:I'm also a bit disappointed by this news, especially as the club went above and beyond to respect his personal life and difficulties last season. Signing so soon after leaving us in the mess does leave a sour taste. Perhaps we can pray for an unusually wet season over the Rec?

He is (I think) 33, how long do you think he should wait!? I doubt if the queue of clubs waiting to sign him was very long.

Apparently Newcastle, Clermont, Lyon and Japan’s Shokki Shuttles all tried to sign him.
aka John Neary
Senior squad member

25 Mar 2021 10:45 am:

Joe Batley has signed a two year extension to his contract at Sixways. He has played at 6, 8 & 5 in recent games and scored his first try for Wuss last week-end. He is a product of the Gloucester Acadamy. Thanks for him via Bristol and a loan at Tigers. I think Joe will prove to be a very effective player.

Glad to hear this Rollo. Joe is the type of hard-working and 'unglamorous' player that can occasionally get over-looked. Presumably the reason why he never really got a decent shot at either Glos or Bris, although his untimely illness clearly didn't help at the latter.

He looked good on loan at Tigers last year, from the glimpses that I saw, and glad to hear that he is doing the business for you guys.
Hall of Famer

25 Mar 2021 10:59 am:

He left what, 4 months or so ago and won't actually start playing for Bath until May - not really that soon.

I don't really care, he and the club agreed it wasn't going to work and had an amicable split (as far as is clear), better than dragging it out and affecting the rest of the team. George Barton has broken into the first team now, he's the future, let's move on.
Hall of Famer

25 Mar 2021 11:06 am:

Allez Glaws wrote:
He left what, 4 months or so ago and won't actually start playing for Bath until May - not really that soon.

I don't really care, he and the club agreed it wasn't going to work and had an amicable split (as far as is clear), better than dragging it out and affecting the rest of the team. George Barton has broken into the first team now, he's the future, let's move on.

Amen - think many need to let it go!
Hall of Famer

25 Mar 2021 12:24 pm:

+1

DC is the past, let's move on.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

25 Mar 2021 12:45 pm:

It was a shame when Cips left but it made total sense for all parties and I actually think it strengthens our club as a whole.

I couldn’t care less he has signed for Barf, if anything I’m pleased for a few reasons.

Now onto rumours I care about....any rumours on 24 stone Georgian props?

08 Apr 2021 13:12 pm:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56666040

Nick Tompkins returns to Sarries after his loan spell at the Dragons.

Sarries need him, the Dragons season is effectively over so makes sense. I do wonder if we'll see him in a Welsh squad again though, he's clearly a good player, but has blown a bit hot & cold. He's not first choice, currently more like 3rd / 4th.
Hero in the making

08 Apr 2021 14:29 pm:

Lewi7 wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56666040

Nick Tompkins returns to Sarries after his loan spell at the Dragons.

Sarries need him, the Dragons season is effectively over so makes sense. I do wonder if we'll see him in a Welsh squad again though, he's clearly a good player, but has blown a bit hot & cold. He's not first choice, currently more like 3rd / 4th.

I think he is a very good player. Shown when he came off the bench and scored a hat-trick against us in the semi. I think North has got the 13 spot for now.

19 Apr 2021 09:48 am:

PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby