Hall of Famer

Re: Gustard Leaves Quins with Immediate Effect

25 Jan 2021 16:51 pm:

wasn't meant to be ;)
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

26 Jan 2021 08:17 am:

Quins player power got rid of the last guy too if i recall correctly?
Hall of Famer

26 Jan 2021 09:03 am:

John Kingston, it was.
Senior squad member

26 Jan 2021 13:40 pm:

So he’s signed with Benetton as defence coach for 3 years with our old friend Marco Bortolami.

From the way the article reads it seems like Gustard had made the decision to leave back in December and I read some of what he says as a dig against Quins:

"We wanted to be part of a group where there was a clear vision, a deep level of trust, and a dynamic environment driven towards high goals.“ Ouch.

Definitely not a happy place.

https://www.skysports.com/share/12199313
Hall of Famer

26 Jan 2021 14:27 pm:

Head coach at Quins to defensive coach at Benetton is an interesting career trajectory?
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Hall of Famer

26 Jan 2021 14:56 pm:

Disagree. Hardly any current opportunities here with no relegation + completely different change in situation and location. I can envisage an eventual move back into Int arena or a return to Sarries.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
On the board

26 Jan 2021 15:55 pm:

“This link was deepened together with general manager Antonio Pavanello, who outlined a clear strategic and cultural purpose for the club and my specific roles within it. I already feel extremely involved and have a strong alignment with Antonio and the club management"

BOOM!

26 Jan 2021 17:13 pm:

...and dare I say it a stepping stone into an international team with his England experience?
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Site Admin

26 Jan 2021 17:50 pm:

Plus there’s living in the Italian countryside just outside Venice.. I could tolerate that for a while..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

26 Jan 2021 18:57 pm:

Ok, I still think it is a bit odd. There is nothing wrong with a sideways step to move forwards again at a later date and maybe his "brand" is slightly tarnished by the Quins situation. When he was with England he was highly rated and now he is defensive coach at Benetton!
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby