Glaws v Saints

Hall of Famer

Re: Glaws v Saints

26 Jan 2021 22:17 pm:

Steckers,

I agree, it's sometime now since Ben even played in a game, and would need a good few to even be match fit. Yes, it would be good to see him rampaging about, but he's going to find it difficult and is unlikely to be the panacea to all our problems.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
Hall of Famer

26 Jan 2021 22:22 pm:

He’s had a lot of time out but because of that I’d imagine he’s raring to go. Its clear that we really miss Jake and I personally don’t think that Ackerman is the greatest carrier at 8. I’d love to see Ben back ASAP, but of course it’s hard to know if he will be able to find his previous form again.
On the board

27 Jan 2021 12:30 pm:

Creamoftheprop wrote:
I like this lineup. May have LRZ available too. Quick query, could we field that side with two Argentinians, an Ozzie and a Georgian? Doesnt that fall foul of the two 'foriegners' rule? Or am i missing something? Cheers.

Georgia have a EUAA in place so he should come under Kolpak for the rest of the season at least.

But 2 would still be the limit so we couldn't play the other 3 together by my maths.
Hall of Famer

27 Jan 2021 12:45 pm:

I really hope that Ben Morgan gets a “second wind” but I fear his best days may be behind him.
Vice-Captain

27 Jan 2021 13:05 pm:

jeppy89 wrote:
Creamoftheprop wrote:
I like this lineup. May have LRZ available too. Quick query, could we field that side with two Argentinians, an Ozzie and a Georgian? Doesnt that fall foul of the two 'foriegners' rule? Or am i missing something? Cheers.

Georgia have a EUAA in place so he should come under Kolpak for the rest of the season at least.

But 2 would still be the limit so we couldn't play the other 3 together by my maths.

Cheers Jeppy. That was my thinking.
VMA
On the board

27 Jan 2021 16:07 pm:

My favoured back row would be Ackerman at 6, Reid at 7 and Morgan at 8 if available. Mister Ludlow can captain from the bench.
Lockdown apathy has taken hold.
Hall of Famer

27 Jan 2021 16:15 pm:

Tumpy+1 wrote:My favoured back row would be Ackerman at 6, Reid at 7 and Morgan at 8 if available. Mister Ludlow can captain from the bench.

Polledri?
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

27 Jan 2021 16:27 pm:

I’d personally like to see Freddie Clarke back ASAP, or at least get some news. He was immense in our only prem win so far v Wasps.
On the board

27 Jan 2021 16:32 pm:

Big Red wrote:I’d personally like to see Freddie Clarke back ASAP, or at least get some news. He was immense in our only prem win so far v Wasps.

+1, I’d start him on Saturday if he’s available
Hall of Famer

27 Jan 2021 17:01 pm:

Apparently he's very close - don't know about Sat
Cherchez la truffe
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby