Glaws v Saints

Hall of Famer

Re: Glaws v Saints

23 Jan 2021 11:51 am:

If he did want to move on he could just put his hand up and say so. Think we've shown in the last year that we'll happily let those who don't want to be here, for whatever reason, to move on should they want too. No need to overplay the injury.
Keyser Sose
On the board

23 Jan 2021 11:58 am:

RTS2 wrote:Missing a Gloucester thread.

So; what side will we see being selected for next week ?

To answer your question I’d like to see:
VRR
Singleton
Balmain
Garvey
Allemano
Reid
Ludlow
Ackermann
Simpson
Evans
Thorley
Twelvetrees
Kveseladze
Carreras
Woodward (or Moyle if still unfit)

Hansen
JFR
Stanley (or Knight if still unfit)
Clarke (or Gibson if still unfit)
Nagle-Taylor
Chapman
Barton
Moyle (or Morris if Woodward still unfit)
aka Stephen Bond
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 12:16 pm:

He recently bought a new house in cheltenham.
Vice-Captain

23 Jan 2021 12:30 pm:

More or less the London Shed Head pick for me, although with Chapman for Simpson (think he injects a bit more pace into our game) and, given he was in the Newcastle warm up, Morgan for either Ludlow or Ackerman.
Neil Vincent
We all watch the same match but each of us sees a different game
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 13:40 pm:

I think I’d start JF-R - seems much improved this season ( he may just be physically better - I think he was struggling with an injury)
Cherchez la truffe

23 Jan 2021 14:05 pm:

.....In some clubs certain players have certainly been given short shrift in terms of game time under the guise of injury by their DoR when moves were allegedly being engineered....its certainly possible.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 14:48 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:
Jimbodini wrote:Do we think that Willie’s injury is worse than first thought or that he is trying to engineer a move from the club and that this is just a standard glaws play atm, akin to what happened with cips? (Vague at best details regarding ‘injury’ etc)

I suspect a mix of the 2. He is probably really missing NZ, family and friends and whilst the pay is nice not playing and house-bound in Stroud not ideal. A negotiated departure may suit......

John, do you think Willie has given-up on his short England career ?.

I also wonder if we will see him after this season; however I think he will play for us once he's fully fit . I could have seen him making the Lions squad if he came back and made a transformational impact at Glaws. The man is capable and could be a good outside -bet IF he did. His style of play would suit.

I can see the attraction of NZ as things stand ; but maybe after this season has ended. Lets not forget the rehabilitation support he will be getting at Gloucester Rugby. I would like to think that this is right up there with the best.
Last edited by RTS2 on 23 Jan 2021 15:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 14:53 pm:

London Shed Head wrote:
RTS2 wrote:Missing a Gloucester thread.

So; what side will we see being selected for next week ?

To answer your question I’d like to see:
VRR
Singleton
Balmain
Garvey
Allemano
Reid
Ludlow
Ackermann
Simpson
Evans
Thorley
Twelvetrees
Kveseladze
Carreras
Woodward (or Moyle if still unfit)

Hansen
JFR
Stanley (or Knight if still unfit)
Clarke (or Gibson if still unfit)
Nagle-Taylor
Chapman
Barton
Moyle (or Morris if Woodward still unfit)

Good call and would like to see Kveseladze involved . Leaving Ats out of the squad though might not be a good move. I would think our Georgian barn door stormer might make his debut from the bench ?. Either way he needs to be in the mix now. Hanson v Singleton a tough call. I would go with line out accuracy but is there much to choose ?. Ken...anyone stats ?
Dude

23 Jan 2021 14:55 pm:

Pretty sure Wiili’s decided he wants to be an astronaut instead of a rugby player and as such he’s trying to negotiate an exchange deal with NASA.
Hall of Famer

23 Jan 2021 15:02 pm:

Anyone know if Giorgi is actually in the UK yet?
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby