Long range view of Saints game

Hall of Famer
Posts: 3888
Location: Moonraker Capital

Long range view of Saints game

24 Jan 2021 15:07 pm:

Saints had been hit by a Covid-19 outbreak, but Chris Boyd has confirmed that has now cleared up and, aside from long-term injury victim Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi, they could have a largely fully fit squad to call upon at Kingsholm on January 30.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/spor ... me-3107367
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2489

Re: Long range view of Saints game

24 Jan 2021 17:30 pm:

Assume they’ll be missing the likes of Lawes and Biggar. Not sure what the situation is for shadow squad etc, as they could then also be without Furbank and Mitchell. Of course the same goes for us with our internationals.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3920
Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

Re: Long range view of Saints game

24 Jan 2021 17:37 pm:

My understanding is that the shadow squad stay with their clubs but are controlled/training/on call with England at all times.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2489

Re: Long range view of Saints game

24 Jan 2021 18:22 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:My understanding is that the shadow squad stay with their clubs but are controlled/training/on call with England at all times.


Cheers mute, had been wondering.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3920
Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

Re: Long range view of Saints game

24 Jan 2021 19:18 pm:

I was wrong.

The shadow squad will be training and available for their clubs throughout
BUT RFU Covid tested and ready to join England whenever called-upon. Seems fair for clubs......and players and replicates the previous arrangements without disappointing plAyers and clubs dropping them laTe in match-week.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Vice-Captain
Posts: 347

Re: Long range view of Saints game

24 Jan 2021 20:19 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:My understanding is that the shadow squad stay with their clubs but are controlled/training/on call with England at all times.


What is your understanding based on? Just asking.
Vice-Captain
Posts: 347

Re: Long range view of Saints game

24 Jan 2021 20:22 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:I was wrong.

The shadow squad will be training and available for their clubs throughout
BUT RFU Covid tested and ready to join England whenever called-upon. Seems fair for clubs......and players and replicates the previous arrangements without disappointing plAyers and clubs dropping them laTe in match-week.


Translator required.
Vice-Captain
Posts: 347

Re: Long range view of Saints game

24 Jan 2021 20:23 pm:

SIBARITE wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:I was wrong.

The shadow squad will be training and available for their clubs throughout
BUT RFU Covid tested and ready to join England whenever called-upon. Seems fair for clubs......and players and replicates the previous arrangements without disappointing plAyers and clubs dropping them laTe in match-week.


Translator required.


I'll have what he's having.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5712

Re: Long range view of Saints game

24 Jan 2021 21:31 pm:

SIBARITE wrote:[quote="SIBARITE"

I'll have what he's having.


I wouldn't recommend Old Ric , Siberite ;)

Return to Gloucester Rugby