RWC 2023 Tickets

Hall of Famer

Re: RWC 2023 Tickets

18 Mar 2021 19:33 pm:

If you have a VPN set it to France.

May just be coincidence but my successful purchase was through a device with a French VPN set up. My UK VPN devices had no end of trouble.
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Vice-Captain

18 Mar 2021 19:46 pm:

Just got in only category 1 marseille left. Bit rich for only one England game. Oh well 6th April to try again then!
On the board

18 Mar 2021 20:06 pm:

After a long tortuous process the Cherry Jam boys are off to Lille!

Two England games and Asia/Pacific 1 v Europe 2

Unbelievably chuffed right now as that process was horrific. To everyone still trying and hunting tickets, I wish you luck and hope you get all the tickets you want.
Hall of Famer

18 Mar 2021 21:46 pm:

SonofPricey wrote:After a long tortuous process the Cherry Jam boys are off to Lille!

Unbelievably chuffed right now as that process was horrific. To everyone still trying and hunting tickets, I wish you luck and hope you get all the tickets you want.

SoP, I’ll see you there! Got the same pack. Cheap seats had all gone so €274 for the 3 games.

It’s been a truly rubbish and torturous process to get them though.

Good luck everyone.
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Hall of Famer

18 Mar 2021 21:48 pm:

SonofPricey wrote:After a long tortuous process the Cherry Jam boys are off to Lille!

I’ll see you there SoP! We got the same tickets by the skin of our teeth! The cheaper seats are all gone so we’ve had to stretch the budget somewhat. :o
Tuffty

On the board

18 Mar 2021 21:53 pm:

We ended up Cat 2; which was equivalent to the cheapest England pack.

We will be the ones in the Gloucester shirts (apart from when we are wearing England shirts) :lol: It is odd to think that its over 2 years away though.
Vice-Captain

19 Mar 2021 10:43 am:

Sat in the q for ages on first day and no England or Nice packages when I got there. Decided to not purchase something that would leave me in France for 2 weeks watching games I have no interest in. Tried last night learning from my mistakes joined the q at 11:00 eventually got let in at 19:00 only for it instantly to revert to the start of the q again! Eventually, let back in at 23:00 when there was 1 city pack left which was unpurchasable. I will continue to try!
TEAMWORK RESPECT ENJOYMENT DISCIPLINE SPORTSMANSHIP
Hall of Famer

19 Mar 2021 11:26 am:

Joined the queue early, waited 90 minutes, as soon as I got in, it kicked me out and to back of the queue. Gave up. Guess there are a lot more opportunities to get frustrated at trying to get tickets over the next two years.
On the board

19 Mar 2021 12:32 pm:

Seems like there were major issues across the board but particularly if you had a UK/Irish VPN.

Already re-sale sites have got England packs available at grossly inflated prices suggesting that there was a concerted effort by touts to game the system.

The next sale is 6th April, but that will be general sale and judging by how badly the website went on Monday and again yesterday it doesn’t look encouraging.

Plus points are the pricing overall is very good and the idea to include a lower merit game in the City packs means that the crowds for Samoa v Romania in Lille as an example (the most likely outcome of the Asia/Pacific v Europe 2 game) will be pretty good - especially in a 50,000 seater stadium.

The only hope for the full general sale of individual tickets in September next year (2022) is a ballot system, otherwise the touts will be almost entirely run the show.
On the board

19 Mar 2021 14:03 pm:

No touts are getting my tickets! I urge people not to buy off touts as they are the scum of the sporting world :x
ps .... don't like touts :x :lol:
Lockdown apathy has taken hold.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby