RWC 2023 Tickets

Hall of Famer

Re: RWC 2023 Tickets

19 Mar 2021 14:06 pm:

So how much do you want for them Tumpy+1?
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
On the board

19 Mar 2021 14:18 pm:

GlawsyD wrote:So how much do you want for them Tumpy+1?

A Wales win this weekend :D But to you :o ........... a pint off Westy. I think you will have your work cut out there. My tickets are safe :P
Lockdown apathy has taken hold.
Hall of Famer

24 Mar 2021 20:12 pm:

Gullivers Sports Travel RWC packages now on sale.

I’ve just bought the first one I tried - unlike the previous booking experience!
Formerly Sky blue
Hall of Famer

25 Mar 2021 00:44 am:

£718 pounds for Argentina v Japan? That's £718 for £200 worth of goods! I've always wondered why people need a 3rd Bentley.
On the board

25 Mar 2021 10:24 am:

Paul Simmons wrote:Gullivers Sports Travel RWC packages now on sale.

I’ve just bought the first one I tried - unlike the previous booking experience!

Just looked at the prices and I can see why there isn't quite the same rush.

https://gulliverstravel.co.uk/event/rug ... group=6614

:shock: :o
Hall of Famer

25 Mar 2021 10:46 am:

The reason why genuine fans can't buy so many tickets directly is because of the allocations given to "official tour providers". I bet they didn't get their tickets by going in the queue last week. Book a few hotel rooms then treble the prices. Lovely stuff. Shame on you if you feed this.
On the board

25 Mar 2021 11:31 am:

lovejoy wrote:The reason why genuine fans can't buy so many tickets directly is because of the allocations given to "official tour providers". I bet they didn't get their tickets by going in the queue last week. Book a few hotel rooms then treble the prices. Lovely stuff. Shame on you if you feed this.

If people want to pay the extra then that is their lookout. The fact that travel isn't included in the package means its even less value though.

For a Lions tour or a World Cup away from Europe (like Japan), using Gullivers and similar companies make sense. For a tournament in a country like France which has an abundance of tourist accommodation, brilliant transport links, a language that generally people have a basic knowledge etc I think it is pretty clear most could comfortably sort themselves out without needing their hands held.
Hall of Famer

25 Mar 2021 12:34 pm:

lovejoy wrote:The reason why genuine fans can't buy so many tickets directly is because of the allocations given to "official tour providers". I bet they didn't get their tickets by going in the queue last week. Book a few hotel rooms then treble the prices. Lovely stuff. Shame on you if you feed this.

I should feel shame?
Formerly Sky blue
Hall of Famer

25 Mar 2021 12:36 pm:

SonofPricey wrote:

If people want to pay the extra then that is their lookout. The fact that travel isn't included in the package means its even less value though.

For a Lions tour or a World Cup away from Europe (like Japan), using Gullivers and similar companies make sense. For a tournament in a country like France which has an abundance of tourist accommodation, brilliant transport links, a language that generally people have a basic knowledge etc I think it is pretty clear most could comfortably sort themselves out without needing their hands held.

Most include travel (though some exclude getting to France?!?).

I agree with your points about the need for the organised tours - the access to tickets is the “value” that they bring. I wish it were different.
Formerly Sky blue
Hall of Famer

25 Mar 2021 12:40 pm:

Shame ?? Last I heard was people had a democratic right to spend their money with whom they liked, when they liked and on what they liked. Bit like voting....

With the well documented difficulties many will decide it's easier and safer to deal with an agent even if it costs. Human rights/freedom of choice.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby