Graham Spring

First team regular

Re: Graham Spring

27 Mar 2021 07:52 am:

Springy was a cross between John Arlott and Humphrey Lyttleton with Humph’s comic timing and Arlott’s rhythm. There won’t be another.

Balloongate. Wonderful.
Hall of Famer

27 Mar 2021 08:17 am:

Very fitting to have a minutes applause before last night's match. The same should be done in May, when a limited number of supporters are allowed back and the first match of next season, when hopefully there will be no restrictions.
"In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Academy prospect

27 Mar 2021 08:37 am:

Westy. Half Way line Crew :- Bob R, Bird Man, Kev, Dave, Kiwi Kid for the one game, she had come from New ZEALAND for that game and Mrs WJ. What good times, good memories and good friends. Stay safe every one.
Hero in the making

27 Mar 2021 08:44 am:

Westy wrote:Halfway line crew ... Whispering John, Bob F, Silent Danny ... and a couple of Hunts, Rob and Mike ...

Didn’t Rob and Mike famously attend games dressed as Roman Centurions?
Hall of Famer

27 Mar 2021 11:34 am:

Lambpie,

Yes, certainly Rob. Remember him challenging a Munster fan in front of the Shed. Sadly, I also recall a very close up shot of him and me on the TV at the end of the Wasp final looking very forlorn and dejected.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
On the board

27 Mar 2021 13:00 pm:

Whispering John- yes, good times, happy days, and fond memories of Mrs WJ ... great banter with touch judges (as they were then known) and opposition wingers ... I remember Kenny Logan of Wasps was always a good sport ...

Graham’s was the voice of Kingsholm for me ...
aka Pete Western ... back to basics
Hall of Famer

28 Mar 2021 20:20 pm:

The numerous tributes for Graham Spring are well deserved, but there is perhaps one which is worth repeating and clearly shows how difficult it has been to replace him.

Oxford Glos is there any chance you could resurrect "Fumblings" Series 1 - 2017/18 Episode 2 "The Graham Spring Affair (featuring Ken Burley)?
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
Senior squad member

29 Mar 2021 22:14 pm:

Just having a snigger to myself about the first time Bendy came to play at Kingsholm for Barf as an unknown on the bench. We are sat there with Bendy’s Dad as Graham tried to say Abendanon. Might as well have been Bulgarian!
On the board

07 Apr 2021 19:44 pm:

On a trial

07 Apr 2021 20:51 pm:

A message on Behalf of Graham Spring's wife Sylvia,

I would like to thank you all for your messages of support over the past weeks. I have found a lot of energy from these kind words.

The cortège will be going down Worcester Street to slowly pass the club at 10.15am on the Monday morning.

If you happen to be in the area at this time and would like to give him a rousing send off, please can I ask that you observe social distancing measures.

Thank you.

Sylvia Spring
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby