Pivac dig at Cips and LRZ fitness

Hall of Famer

Re: Pivac dig at Cips and LRZ fitness

02 Apr 2021 20:19 pm:

Paul Simmons wrote:
Fat Taff wrote:DC rightly calls it for the dross it is.

I strongly suspect that you’re correct FT, but why are you so adamant?

Whatever the truth, does Pivac think that telling this story will endear LRZ to him??

I'm not adamant?

Its a bs story by one of Murdoch's fluffers at The Times.

DC is quite right to call out balls being written about him.
Vice-Captain
Location: Malvern Wells (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)

02 Apr 2021 20:22 pm:

As DC wasn’t actually named, why was he so quick to comment on Twitter?
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Vice-Captain

02 Apr 2021 20:40 pm:

^^^Because The Times ran the story and named the player as him

02 Apr 2021 20:43 pm:

The Times yes, Pivac didn't name anyone.
Hall of Famer

02 Apr 2021 21:05 pm:

If Pivac actually said that, then he he unprofessional.

Unless, of course, he is initiating a dialogue that tries to force LRZ away from Gloucester.

Then my first sentence is still correct.

02 Apr 2021 21:15 pm:

I don't think he was doing anything of the sort. He commented when asked about why he didn't pick LRZ last season, he then went on to say he's worked very hard and improved to be picked.

But if he is trying to get LRZ back in Wales can you blame him. I want LRZ at Glos, but there'll come a time when he'll have to make a decision. The ideal scenario is that LRZ has reached the 60 cap threshold before his Glos contract needs renewing / extending.
Hall of Famer

02 Apr 2021 21:42 pm:

They cleverly haven’t named Cips as the superstar... I’d like to know where all these night clubs are that have been open throughout 2020 :D
Hall of Famer

02 Apr 2021 21:55 pm:

Tbf LRZ is 20 now so will have been getting into nightclubs in Glos for at least 5 years now.
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

02 Apr 2021 22:12 pm:

He'll leave at some point - unfortunate for him. Domestic welsh rugby is rubbish.
Dude

03 Apr 2021 10:25 am:

What a thoroughly unpleasant and unnecessary stunt from Pivac. So a 19/20 year old at Gloucester wasn’t fit enough and couldn’t run properly because he was out nightclubbing with a superstar? What utter garbage. He was fit enough for Gloucester. He was fit enough according to our S&C team.

Pivac didn’t pick him when many believed he should have. He seeks to justify this by telling lies. The classic ‘unnamed superstar’. We only had one superstar. There is only one person that 99% would assume he was talking about and he knows that. Danny knows it was him being alluded to and has called it for the lie it clearly is. The nightclubs were shut! Also we know full well if DC was out on the town with anyone it would be widely reported. It always is!

Pivac has quite happily sought to avoid criticism of his selection by sullying the reputations of others. What does this say about the physios and S&C guys at Gloucester?

As for The Times.......sadly just another Murdoch gutter rag. I remember when it was the standard for quality journalism. Now it’s no better than the Sun or Mail.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby