Pivac dig at Cips and LRZ fitness

Vice-Captain

Re: Pivac dig at Cips and LRZ fitness

03 Apr 2021 14:12 pm:

LRZ went off against Toulouse and was on crutches after the game - not sure how fit he was for the Six Nations last year, although Oxford Glaws was living it large in Toulouse so he may have been the superstar who led LRZ astray
Hall of Famer

03 Apr 2021 14:50 pm:

West Oxon Glaws wrote:LRZ went off against Toulouse and was on crutches after the game - not sure how fit he was for the Six Nations last year, although Oxford Glaws was living it large in Toulouse so he may have been the superstar who led LRZ astray

We were indeed imbibing in a Toulouse restaurant at a table next to the delightful Rees Zammit family, who could not have been happier that he had just re-signed for Glaws. Louis was dutifully sipping his Coke.
www.fumblings.net
Hall of Famer

03 Apr 2021 15:33 pm:

Whilst I agree a bit OTT and unprofessional from Pivac he obviously felt he had grounds to justify saying something AND felt strongly enough to say same.

Why am I totally unsurprised that a certain notorious individual is most likely involved ?? :roll: :roll:

Main thing for me is that he is no longer our problem and no doubt as the weeks/months go by there will be more stories about "the legend in his own lunchtime".

I'm totally over him and have moved on with relief.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

03 Apr 2021 16:20 pm:

Point is Mute as per Danny tweet he has never been in a nightclub with LRZ so quite what pivac was alluding to I am not sure. Unless Gloucester have had another superstar in the last few years to which he is referring. Rupert Harden perhaps?
Keyser Sose

03 Apr 2021 16:38 pm:

I read it, the "nightclubbing" reference, more as a lifestyle comment than specifically going to night clubs.
First team regular

03 Apr 2021 17:20 pm:

One of my pet hates - when someone makes a negative hint (or an office joke in earshot of everyone) but not a direct criticism that can be easily defended/contested. Everyone understands who the hint is aimed at but it is difficult to defend because by defending it you have to identify yourself as the one being hinted at and by replying you give some credence to the accusation. Additionally the person making the hint can also deny it was aimed at them if it all gets a bit too uncomfortable. It's a cowardly cheap shot - not in the rugby spirit I would say. If you've got a point to make - make it direct so that the person can come back. All he had to say was that LRZ wasn't fit enough - end of.
glass half full ... not drinking fast enough
On the board

03 Apr 2021 17:45 pm:

Thing with Cips was that both on and off the pitch you were always waiting for something to happen - good or bad and like mute I’m over him and let’s move on with Hastings and Barton. Evans may have a struggle
First team regular

03 Apr 2021 18:26 pm:

Agree with TOBIAS on the first bit but not sure about Barton supplanting Evans ... Barton is a great place-kicker but Evans I think offers more in attack and defense ... though I think there is a lot more to come from Barton on that front. I guess we kind of know what Evans is about now whereas Barton has room to grow ... GS will be able to play horses-for-courses as opposed to being forced into playing players based on availability. Hastings is of good stock so I hope he is robust and doesn't get injured easily - having a choice of 10 would be novel!
glass half full ... not drinking fast enough
Vice-Captain

03 Apr 2021 18:45 pm:

I agree, Fargo (incidentally, are you related to Bomber Wells?). Barton is learning his trade and seems to be a superb goalkicker, but I think Evans offers more in general play at the moment. If it's not Hastings for any reason, we probably face a choice between flair and goal kicking. Barnes and Andrew?
Dude

03 Apr 2021 18:54 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:Why am I totally unsurprised that a certain notorious individual is most likely involved ?? :roll: :roll: .

Why am I totally unsurprised that a certain notorious individual has taken this opportunity to stick the knife in yet again without one single shred of evidence to back it up. :roll: :roll:
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby