Irrisponsibile / I'm unhappy / very unhappy
20%
I don't know what you are talking about
9%

Total votes : 93

Hall of Famer

Re: Poll: Regarding "normal service is resumed"

03 Apr 2021 11:25 am:

That's part of the problem with today's technology based society, it assumes such a lot. There were a few, including the 'joker' who pointed to the thread with its 'solution'. Perhaps that appears the answer, but not if you couldn't actually access the site to see it!
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
Hall of Famer

03 Apr 2021 12:03 pm:

lovejoy wrote:I don’t think it’s the forum’s fault if people don’t have basic IT knowledge.

What a bizarre comment. When the pubs reopen next week, if the labelled front door leads you off somewhere else because the landlord is having a joke and you just can't seem to find a way to the bar, what would you do? And who would you be irritated at? The landlord or your own lack of directional sense?
Vice-Captain

03 Apr 2021 12:12 pm:

I think that I fell into the midly irritated but not going to lose any sleep over it category. I thought a bath supporter had hacked the website for an April fool, to which I actually thought kudos to them. Couldn't get onto the site for quite a while and only discovered what the issue was when I used another device to try to access the shedweb Web address. Think that the idea was a great one but leaving people unable to access the site and not realising the reason why might have backfired a little. There may be people out there still unable to access the site for all I know.
Hall of Famer

03 Apr 2021 12:30 pm:

Asgard wrote:
Severus wrote:At least we know we have 8 snowflakes on here (correct at time of writing).

Life’s too short to get upset about something like this.

Classic ShedWeb contributor resorting to unnecessary name calling/ abuse because some posters have a differing opinion.

As the poll is anonymous how can this be abuse? It was a cheeky poke at those who like to throw around words such as snowflake and woke. Nothing to get upset about, take care everyone.
Hall of Famer

03 Apr 2021 12:40 pm:

I believe that it was you who used "snowflake". Trying to dismiss it as a joke is as odious as your first posting which I have already suggested was unnecessary.
For the record I was amused by the April Fool stunt but was annoyed that the perpetrator had not considered not was aware of the consequences.
Senior squad member

03 Apr 2021 12:42 pm:

Not particularly bothered either way, although probably not worth it for the resulting kerfuffle to be honest.
Hall of Famer

03 Apr 2021 12:48 pm:

stevieb wrote:
lovejoy wrote:I don’t think it’s the forum’s fault if people don’t have basic IT knowledge.

What a bizarre comment. When the pubs reopen next week, if the labelled front door leads you off somewhere else because the landlord is having a joke and you just can't seem to find a way to the bar, what would you do? And who would you be irritated at? The landlord or your own lack of directional sense?

I’m not going to make any judgements on you stevieb but do they have the concept of April Fools in your country?
Hall of Famer

03 Apr 2021 12:52 pm:

Asgard wrote:I believe that it was you who used "snowflake". Trying to dismiss it as a joke is as odious as your first posting which I have already suggested was unnecessary.
For the record I was amused by the April Fool stunt but was annoyed that the perpetrator had not considered not was aware of the consequences.

It was clearly a joke and I’m certainly not the first person to use snowflake on this forum. But fair enough, can’t please everyone. Have a great day.
Hall of Famer

03 Apr 2021 16:42 pm:

[quote=
I’m not going to make any judgements on you stevieb but do they have the concept of April Fools in your country?[/quote]

Sure do. In mine it ends at midday and things revert back to normal.
Senior squad member

03 Apr 2021 18:36 pm:

It did seem to drag on for far too long. Personally, upon first viewing it was mildly amusing. Funny, is a stretch too far! However, as pranks go, I would not give it 10/10. Each to their own. Happy Easter all.
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby