36%
8%
1%
3%

Total votes : 99

On the board

Re: The run in

04 Apr 2021 08:47 am:

We'll win at Sale, Northampton and Bristol and lose the rest!
Hero in the making
Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...

05 Apr 2021 14:26 pm:

Sale (A) L - 1pt
Newcastle (H) W - 4pts
Northampton (A) L - 0pts
Bristol (A) L - 0pts
Irish (H) W - 4pts
Bath (H) W - 4pts
Worcester (A) W - 4pts

Don't see why we can't win ALL of our remaining Home games for the remainder of the season. London Irish away we lost by 6 points and picked up the LBP.

Either way as long as we finish so we can play Challenge Cup next season, this will be ideal exposure for the youth in the team regarding Europe and their development and some much needed cash for the coffers.
Hall of Famer

05 Apr 2021 16:58 pm:

I think we will win the games where we score more points than our opponents :lol: ;)
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
On the board

05 Apr 2021 17:10 pm:

5 wins (L to Worcester and Bristol)
Vice-Captain

06 Apr 2021 12:32 pm:

Win the 3 home games and hopefully at least one away win, probably at Worcester.

We need to build belief and momentum going into next season.
Hall of Famer

06 Apr 2021 13:08 pm:

I’ve gone for 5, I can’t see us beating Sale or Bristol but the others are all winnable.
First team regular

07 Apr 2021 22:25 pm:

2 wins and a couple of near misses for me
really hope they use these games to give Chapman and Barton as much game time as possible so that we enter into next season with well-blooded players ... I feel Barton needs to gain extra confidence in order to press on to the next level (and a summer in the weights room)
I also hope GS gets to the end of the season with a clear picture in his head of how he wants to use his best players going forward - honeymoon period will be well and truly over heading into next season
for pride sake let's not finish last ... but also let's not waste what's left of this season chasing a false target ... it's all about next season
glass half full ... not drinking fast enough
Hall of Famer

08 Apr 2021 06:58 am:

Fargo wrote:2 wins and a couple of near misses for me
really hope they use these games to give Chapman and Barton as much game time as possible so that we enter into next season with well-blooded players ... I feel Barton needs to gain extra confidence in order to press on to the next level (and a summer in the weights room)
I also hope GS gets to the end of the season with a clear picture in his head of how he wants to use his best players going forward - honeymoon period will be well and truly over heading into next season
for pride sake let's not finish last ... but also let's not waste what's left of this season chasing a false target ... it's all about next season

I think Barton is always likely to be on the smaller side. One of the main things I’ve been impressed with from him so far, is his toughness. Naturally he’s had a lot of bruisers running down his channel and while he hasn’t made every tackle, he certainly hasn’t shirked the responsibility. I’ve also noticed when he has to carry into contact he’s a strong lad and can sometimes take some putting down. Add in his goal kicking and he’s a clear second choice 10 for next season. Tough on Evans, but that’s the way it looks.
Hall of Famer

08 Apr 2021 15:07 pm:

I was interested to hear the opinion of someone who has been involved closely in Barton's journey to Premiership rugby. They said as a positive quality he was wholly coachable, something not always associated with the fly half position.
First team regular

08 Apr 2021 18:00 pm:

I have noticed that when players come into the first team they quite often show something interesting and then fade back a little ... some then press on and keep improving while others never make that step up convincingly. I'm genuinely hopeful because he certainly has something about him ... I would like to see him 'go for it' a bit more because he has shown that he can make a half-break. I think where he is getting caught out at the moment is that he is not necessarily taking the tackle on his terms and get's isolated. That together with getting hit with some thunderous hits may have taken the sting out of his attack a little. There's no substitute for experience so carry on lad ... have faith and step on the gas!
glass half full ... not drinking fast enough
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby