European Saturday

Hall of Famer

Re: European Saturday

07 Apr 2021 08:24 am:

Lebowski wrote:Mute be assured your continual unpleasantness, childish insults and petty digs don’t bother me in the slightest. I simply don’t understand why a man of your age behaves like that all the time.

Which Shedwebers do you think would fail, spectacularly, the coaches' 'character' test?
Dude

07 Apr 2021 08:32 am:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In fairness probably quite a few of us CP! :D
Vice-Captain

07 Apr 2021 08:48 am:

Just seen that video. Very hard to work out how that isn’t a red when compared against the ones we’ve been on the receiving end of.

Does rather highlight the randomness at present.

07 Apr 2021 13:04 pm:

Well it looks bad, but then apply the test / protocol.

- Was their head on head - I don't think there was
- Ball's right shoulder appears to connect with FDK's upper shoulder / neck area
- Was Ball offside ?

I've read some ridiculous comments about FDK being blindsided, that wasn't braced for contact etc, all of which is rubbish.

It's a big second row tackling a shorter player - the issue for me is that Ball's right shoulder connects with FDK's shoulder and then neck & then presumably head but that isn't 100% clear, but is there any mitigation ? The different size of the respective players might be considered.

I don't think it's an assault though, a penalty, pos a yellow, but it's dependent on where exactly Ball's shoulder connects and the clip provided doesn't show that from the other angle.
Hall of Famer

07 Apr 2021 13:18 pm:

I dont think it needs to be head to head contact. VRR red was forearm to head.

It seems pretty clear that it is direct contact from balls shoulder to Fafs head to me?
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

07 Apr 2021 13:34 pm:

Lewi7 wrote:Well it looks bad, but then apply the test / protocol.

- Was their head on head - I don't think there was
- Ball's right shoulder appears to connect with FDK's upper shoulder / neck area
- Was Ball offside ?

I've read some ridiculous comments about FDK being blindsided, that wasn't braced for contact etc, all of which is rubbish.

It's a big second row tackling a shorter player - the issue for me is that Ball's right shoulder connects with FDK's shoulder and then neck & then presumably head but that isn't 100% clear, but is there any mitigation ? The different size of the respective players might be considered.

I don't think it's an assault though, a penalty, pos a yellow, but it's dependent on where exactly Ball's shoulder connects and the clip provided doesn't show that from the other angle.

The first point is that de Klerk hadn't lifted the ball, so Ball had no business tackling him in any way. You can see de Klerk's head snap to the left on impact.

I think it should have been looked at, and if it were looked at I think it would have been a card. I have no idea why the citing officer let it through.
Previously Mark from Stroud
Hall of Famer

07 Apr 2021 14:02 pm:

Because it didn't pass the CO's Red Card test ??

Presumably the police and/or DPP didn't consider an "assault" charge would stand up in court....

"Assault" is a highly emotive, incendiary, irrational and dangerous noun to use IMO when contact sport is concerned.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!

07 Apr 2021 14:47 pm:

It's a good question Mark - I think it warranted reviewing certainly, but the Ref, TMO and now the Citing Officer have all taken a different view.
Hero in the making

07 Apr 2021 15:07 pm:

I personally think it was at least a yellow, however I don't think Ball was offside, if you notice the ball left the ruck, ref said it was out, then another Sale player joins the ruck and keeps the ball "in the ruck" , Faf doesn't pick it up, but this is, I think irrelevant as ball is already out of the ruck, I hope this makes sense, you have to watch from slightly earlier than some clips going about. I know Davers sent me a good clip on WhatsApp.
Hall of Famer

07 Apr 2021 15:34 pm:

Nobbler23 wrote:I personally think it was at least a yellow, however I don't think Ball was offside, if you notice the ball left the ruck, ref said it was out, then another Sale player joins the ruck and keeps the ball "in the ruck" , Faf doesn't pick it up, but this is, I think irrelevant as ball is already out of the ruck, I hope this makes sense, you have to watch from slightly earlier than some clips going about. I know Davers sent me a good clip on WhatsApp.

Ah. I missed the ref calling it out at the time. Thanks, Nobbler.
Previously Mark from Stroud
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby