European Saturday

Hall of Famer

Re: European Saturday

07 Apr 2021 16:08 pm:

Does it matter if its offside or not? The issue is contact with the head.
Keyser Sose
Dude

07 Apr 2021 17:36 pm:

It doesn’t matter in the least. It’s a smokescreen. Foul play is not dependent on whether a ball is out of the ruck or a player is onside. They’re irrelevant.
Hall of Famer

08 Apr 2021 06:35 am:

The President of RC Toulon threatens to boycott European competitions, and Sergio Parisse joins in.

My semi-finalists: Exeter, Stade Toulousain, Stade Rochelais, Racing 92.
Site Admin

08 Apr 2021 07:37 am:

LR FTW, IMO
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

08 Apr 2021 08:05 am:

Agreed Leb. The Ball challenge looks very ugly. Hit with force, didn’t really notice a genuine attempt to wrap and looks like head contact to me...The blind faith that some put into citing officers reminds me of other faiths that some have... misplaced.

Perhaps citing officers are as human as the rest of us? Some hard working and thorough and others possibly less committed to their work, as in every office and workplace across the country.

Maybe they missed it, maybe they made a mistake, maybe they didn’t want to embarrass their colleague, maybe they wanted to get home early because it was their spouse’s birthday...who knows. Wish some would realise there’s no shame in saying someone got something wrong rather than being so attached to defending a select few of those that make mistakes. A measure of the mindset of some posters perhaps.
Hall of Famer

08 Apr 2021 09:16 am:

Maybe these people responsible are more knowledgeable and experienced than the amateur, myopic, armchair-residing keyboard warriors ?? :roll: :roll:

On the basis that there have been differing opinions from SW posters on this incident surely even you can appreciate that it maybe isn't as clear-cut a redder than red assault incident ??

Totally unsure why you have raised my faith - something that has zero to do with you.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Vice-Captain
Location: Malvern Wells (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)

08 Apr 2021 09:22 am:

Gloucester Mute wrote: Totally unsure why you have raised my faith - something that has zero to do with you.

Just Wow! I didn't, at any level, see this as directed at you, more a general statement about peolples' misplaced faith? :shock:
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

08 Apr 2021 12:58 pm:

Citing Officers have more time to review incidents, they have more angles to use and is some cases an overhead camera aswell. The CO's are pretty good - they apply the protocol correctly. No-one is perfect (unless you John Eales according to the Aussies) but the CO's are very thorough.

In the clips I've seen I don't think we can be 100% that Ball connected with FDK's head.
Hall of Famer

08 Apr 2021 13:12 pm:

Surely had to worthy of a proper review?
Cherchez la truffe

08 Apr 2021 13:34 pm:

By the Ref / TMO at the time - yes, worthy of a review.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby