Friendly this Sat ??

Hall of Famer

Friendly this Sat ??

06 Apr 2021 14:08 pm:

Wonder whether GS thought about a friendly v Wasps or Quins this Sat in order to keep some players match-fit, give some others some game-time and give an opportunity for others coming back from injury ??

As a friendly could utilise some big squads so as to benefit all. Worcester and Bristol are playing a friendly.

Or is giving everyone irrespective time-off better ??

I rather like the idea....
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

Re: Friendly this Sat ??

06 Apr 2021 14:17 pm:

If our injury list wasn't so big I would have thought it would be a good idea. Maybe a 'United' style fixture would have been a good idea. Few could do with a full 80 like Morgan, trinder etc. However I expect the front 5, centres and the internationals are probably happy for a week off.
Hall of Famer

06 Apr 2021 14:21 pm:

Our two first team props need wrapping in cotton wool, so please don’t risk them in a meaningless friendly.
Hall of Famer

06 Apr 2021 14:42 pm:

I think a week’s rest will do them more good
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

06 Apr 2021 14:48 pm:

Do we have any outstanding bans? We could write them off against it...
Previously Mark from Stroud
On the board

06 Apr 2021 15:03 pm:

Imagine the backlash is a player was seriously injured.

I would rather the coaches to do some planning and work on some of the current deficiencies in our game than focusing on a meaningless friendly.

Mark, there is no way that the RFU are going to fall for that one. (I believe the only o/s ban is that of Matt Banahan anyway.)

06 Apr 2021 15:06 pm:

I agree Ed. The La Rochelle match was a very physical match, same for Sale away.
On the board
Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud

06 Apr 2021 15:07 pm:

I'm fairly sure I recall the club or some players posting about a friendly against Hartpury recently. If there's nothing else in the way, I would expect the club to go down that route again. Whether that is ok to write off a ban, I can't judge! ;)
Hall of Famer

06 Apr 2021 15:30 pm:

Diamo wrote:I'm fairly sure I recall the club or some players posting about a friendly against Hartpury recently. If there's nothing else in the way, I would expect the club to go down that route again. Whether that is ok to write off a ban, I can't judge! ;)

That was before the championship season started. Hartpury have a fixture this weekend
Hall of Famer

06 Apr 2021 15:33 pm:

Mark Dudley wrote:Do we have any outstanding bans? We could write them off against it...

or pick up some new ones?
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby