Stowford Sponsorship?

Academy prospect
Posts: 10

Stowford Sponsorship?

08 Apr 2021 19:08 pm:

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere on a different thread, but have we lost the Stowford Press Sponsorship?

I ask because I pass Castle Grimm most days on the way to take my boy to nursery and noticed today that the Giant 'Stowford Press' logo on the side of their self titled stand has been covered over with black sheeting and so has the smaller bantering all round the side?

Unless maybe they are doing some sort of rebrand perhaps?
Turns out for the A team
Posts: 34

Re: Stowford Sponsorship?

08 Apr 2021 19:15 pm:

Just a guess, but it would have had to be covered over for European game last weekend and probably not been uncovered yet.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1571
Location: Holding on to the floor

Re: Stowford Sponsorship?

08 Apr 2021 19:20 pm:

LevensRed wrote:Just a guess, but it would have had to be covered over for European game last weekend and probably not been uncovered yet.

Reckon you’re right. I noticed Bristol had something like “Talkers” on their jerseys at the weekend rather than Thatchers.
The artist formerly known as Porky
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2441
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Stowford Sponsorship?

08 Apr 2021 19:21 pm:

Would I be correct in saying that the French don't allow alcohol advertising linked to sporting events?
Never Stay Down.
Academy prospect
Posts: 10

Re: Stowford Sponsorship?

08 Apr 2021 19:21 pm:

Ah ok yes your probably right,
I didnt know that was something we had to do for European games but that would make sense
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1794
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Stowford Sponsorship?

08 Apr 2021 19:24 pm:

foresterinyorks wrote:Would I be correct in saying that the French don't allow alcohol advertising linked to sporting events?

Yep, that's why the 'Guinness' logo on the pitch in Paris is changed to 'Greatness' during the 6N
Academy prospect
Posts: 10

Re: Stowford Sponsorship?

08 Apr 2021 19:28 pm:

glawfindel wrote:
foresterinyorks wrote:Would I be correct in saying that the French don't allow alcohol advertising linked to sporting events?

Yep, that's why the 'Guinness' logo on the pitch in Paris is changed to 'Greatness' during the 6N

Dyu know what I dont think I've ever noticed that, should pay more attention I suppose. :lol:
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2441
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Stowford Sponsorship?

08 Apr 2021 19:35 pm:

I seem to remember when the Welsh side were sponsored by Brains brewery they had "Brawn" or something similar on their shirts when they played France.
Never Stay Down.
Moderator
Posts: 5000
Location: Would like (love) to be in a bar !

Re: Stowford Sponsorship?

08 Apr 2021 19:36 pm:

foresterinyorks - spot on
First team regular
Posts: 92

Re: Stowford Sponsorship?

08 Apr 2021 19:36 pm:

Strange then thats its known as The Heineken Champions Cup.
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby