Stowford Sponsorship?

Academy prospect

Re: Stowford Sponsorship?

08 Apr 2021 19:49 pm:

The 0% beer is the only one advertised i think. That’s what’s on the backdrop for interviews.
Leg-end

08 Apr 2021 19:53 pm:

In France always referred to as the H Cup on TV etc.
Senior squad member

08 Apr 2021 20:09 pm:

Stowfords has to be covered up in the ground as it is a condition of Heineken supporting the Heineken Cup. They do not allow any competitors advertising in the grounds.

When playing in France, due to the alcohol advertising laws, Stowford Press on the shirt and shorts is changed to something else. It was changed to Press On for the away game against Lyon :D

Stowfords (Westons) sponsorship of Gloucester Rugby is continuing :D
Hall of Famer

08 Apr 2021 20:36 pm:

Heineken make Strongbow, hence they would not be happy. I know which i prefer.
Hall of Famer

08 Apr 2021 21:05 pm:

Cloudy Strongbow is actually surprisingly nice and quaffable given there main product is pretty bland.
Keyser Sose
Senior squad member

08 Apr 2021 21:10 pm:

Who takes any notice of mass marketing anyway?
I don’t drink Heineken because the advertising tells me to. I drink it because it refreshes the parts other beers don’t reach.
On the board

08 Apr 2021 21:26 pm:

In Edinburgh all you could buy was Heineken even in the pubs around the ground. They went round getting deals with all the locals.

One of the worst beers I've ever had. Absolutely awful.

The worst is wolfpack of course.
Hall of Famer

08 Apr 2021 21:55 pm:

Same thing happened when we were in Galway about 10 years ago. Imagine not being able to get a pint of Guinness at the ground there!
www.fumblings.net
Senior squad member

09 Apr 2021 07:53 am:

Oxford Glaws wrote:Same thing happened when we were in Galway about 10 years ago. Imagine not being able to get a pint of Guinness at the ground there!

You were lucky...
Good things happen to those who wait. :D :D :D

On the subject of advertising slogans, “Newcastle Brown - better than you thought”, is one that could be resurrected outside Mr Gustard’s home?
Vice-Captain

09 Apr 2021 08:49 am:

When the finals were in Newcastle, they were handing out the 0% version for free on the streets.
I'd already broken the seal by then, so there was no point if there was no alcohol to benefit from!
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby