New shirt

Re: New shirt

31 Aug 2021 08:34 am:

Interesting SoP. I'm sure I've witnessed a clash with the away strip, and the home team changed to their alternate strip as well, although I may be mistaken.

The instance that really annoyed me was the cup final in Bilbao when we weren't allowed to wear our hooped shirts and had to wear the pink 'change' shirt despite the club's protestations.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hero in the making

31 Aug 2021 08:35 am:

SonofPricey wrote:Bearing in mind that B***, Bristol and Sale all wear blue, I would imagine that we will play those three away games in our Home kit anyway.

Gloucester had a relatively consistent away/change shirt (Navy Blue) for the early part of the Professional era, but we have mixed, matched and changed frequently over the past 10 years.

Good point - but sky blue and dark blue isn’t really a clash. The Champions League Final saw Chelsea play Manchester City with both teams in their traditional colours.

31 Aug 2021 08:45 am:

I agree that this is all a bit accademic but the regs do say an alternate strip not an away one . I assume the dictat to make wearing the alternate one when not at home is pushed by the clubs to improve sales?
IF we accept that having two sets of club colours is so financialy important for sales then why on earth not let the members vote on the one they like best so they would then sell more of them. Frankly most clubs have dreadfull ones and Glos are right up there. For me a copy of the club dk blue or a white with detail in red/ black would be far more in keeping and be a complete contrast with our cherry/ white hoops. I have yet to see an "alternate" strip worn by Glos worth buying and I assume I am not alone so it seems a poor fiscal call. Those who buy anyway wouldn't mind either way.
Senior squad member

31 Aug 2021 09:09 am:

King Prawn Bhuna wrote: The instance that really annoyed me was the cup final in Bilbao when we weren't allowed to wear our hooped shirts and had to wear the pink 'change' shirt despite the club's protestations.

KPB, I seem to recall that it had been announced that we would be wearing pink at Bilbao and many supporters wore pink . However, when we all got there there had been a change at short notice and the team actually wore cherry and white. Very galling for those who had packed the wrong shirts and especially for you because you had prepared some excellent pink bandanas to sell for charity. I still have mine.

31 Aug 2021 09:51 am:

GB you're right ...we did in the end but no-one knew until we got in the stadium as I recall. But I must admit, thanks to the fantastic hospitality in Bilbao that weekend most of it is still a blur...strangely a couple of those bandanas turned up in a bit of clear out over the weekend.

That must have involved the most heroic stories of fans getting to an away game that I'll ever hear...Bob's heroic KSM armada and Baz must have earned a VC for his heroism...give him a fiddle and a knapsack and his tale would have resembled Laurie Lee in his prime off to fight with the International Brigade. If you stare at at Guernica long enough, I'm sure you can make out the trademark Ralph Lauren logo. :D
On the board

31 Aug 2021 11:34 am:

I was gutted that I was unable to get the European one last year as I'm guessing they only made limited numbers and my 2 xl size sold out quickly online and as I was shielding I couldn't get to the club shop. Personally I like both the shirts launched this season but won't get to wear either until Christmas day because I'm told I'm hard to buy for
Hall of Famer

31 Aug 2021 12:12 pm:

Still got it! (Can’t believe that it’s nearly 3 1/2 years ago!!!)
Attachments
image.jpg
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson

31 Aug 2021 12:26 pm:

Iron not plugged in Tuffty? :D :D
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

31 Aug 2021 12:32 pm:

NorthernShedHead wrote:From last years Premiership regulations (assume these won't differ too much this season)...
Screenshot_20210830-222608_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

N.b. I appreciate the point some are making is that "Glaws' home kit doesn't clash with any others so why do we need a change kit"... unless all clubs agree to totally different kits, we can't have a dispensation to the league rules

"highly desirable that the first choice kit is predominantly one colour". Hmm, that makes cherry and white hoops a problem then :oops:

31 Aug 2021 14:43 pm:

Glawfindel...you have to smile at the person that wrote that. I bet Harlequins particularly had a laugh at that one.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby