Plastic ( Recycling is on a Monday )
12%
Not bothered. ( Fence sitting )
37%

Total votes : 93

Senior squad member

Re: The Pitch

26 Sep 2021 08:40 am:

On the concerts point, yes you can cover grass, but you have to uncover it quite quickly to keep it in good condition. Concerts and events are generally on weekends, so labour wise a lot of effort does into a cycle of covering and uncovering from week to week. The positive of the 3G pitch is that it can be covered for weeks in the off season without any damage, so more events, less labour costs and more net income. Theoretically from June to September it could be used for lots of non-rugby income generation.
Hall of Famer

28 Sep 2021 14:15 pm:

Some feedback from Alex King on the pitch. He said that the Glaws players were very happy with the surface after Friday's game, and the Leicester players commented that it was the best 3G surface they'd played on

I asked him about the head start they'd given Saints and Tigers, and his feeling is that the players started slowly at Franklin's Gardens, but were too fired up at home ...they've spent a lot of time this week on the mental side of things trying to get that balance right. Ruan was the player put up, and his comments were similar to that - big focus on cutting out soft penalties in the 1Q.
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

28 Sep 2021 15:15 pm:

Colin I bet we wont see the best attributes of the pitch until this inclement weather becomes the norm over the next 4-5 months.

Rain, showers and perhaps snowy conditions will make the surface less abrasive but with the added bonus of no mud.

Perhaps the ball, and even some players may end skimming across the surface like stones we threw across the river as kids.

Thats why practicing on it will prove useful by forwards bouncing to the target line using Barnes Wallis’
philosophy.

Lets hope hoardings around touchline are not too hard
Hall of Famer

28 Sep 2021 15:34 pm:

I thought that the scrums were far more stable on Friday.
Hero in the making

28 Sep 2021 15:46 pm:

[quote="colinboag"]Some feedback from Alex King on the pitch. He said that the Glaws players were very happy with the surface after Friday's game, and the Leicester players commented that it was the best 3G surface they'd played on

That’s great to hear, especially coming from the opposition.
On the board

28 Sep 2021 16:16 pm:

Old Rik I wonder if that view is held by the whole squad? Some whispers leaking out - for what they are worth
West is best
Hero in the making

28 Sep 2021 17:11 pm:

Herefordpropforward wrote:Old Rik I wonder if that view is held by the whole squad? Some whispers leaking out - for what they are worth

Probably not held across the whole squad. Like most things you get a spectrum of views. You will always get those who don’t like artificial and that’s fine.
Hero in the making

28 Sep 2021 17:36 pm:

‘Politicians and diapers must be changed often and for the same reason.’ Mark Twain.
Hall of Famer

29 Sep 2021 11:51 am:

Maybe Compeed will turn out to be an inspirational choice of sponsor.

It still bewilders me how we spent circa £1m on a top of the range pitch and less than 3 seasons later it is such a disaster we dig it all up for a circa £1m top of the range pitch.
Speaks volumes….Oh what we could do with a spare £1m right now!
Vice-Captain

30 Sep 2021 13:17 pm:

Simmo - we have moved from Hartbury and the previous CG pitch simply could not take the wear and tear associated with extra training and other events
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby