42%
Plastic ( Recycling is on a Monday )
12%
Not bothered. ( Fence sitting )
37%

Total votes : 93

Re: The Pitch

24 Sep 2021 16:08 pm:

Exactly, it's multi purpose. But it also fits with the indoor training centre so Glos will be using very similar surfaces for training & playing.

&, let's face it, Sarries (salary cap breaches aside) haven't done too badly on a now inferior surface.
Hall of Famer

24 Sep 2021 16:32 pm:

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:If the only thing you want for do is play a few games of rugby on it then fine but I believe the point of an artificial surface means it can be used for training as well as meaning the stadium can be available for other income revenue throughout the year concerts etc

Whilst I accept the point that GRFC need somewhere to train on the fact is IMHO that GRFC is a rugby club first and foremost NOT a concert provider. Surely GRFC should be doing all they can from a solely rugby perspective to be the best ??

I am still convinced that we could have used nearby Oxtalls for our outdoor training and kept the Desso pitch BUT we went down the cheap, compromise route and are now paying the price with discontent players/burns and abrasions. Pi55 poor planning......
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

24 Sep 2021 16:39 pm:

Yes but if we want to compete with the bank rolled clubs like Exeter, Sarries and Bristol we are going to need some dollar to do it.

If that means having a ground that can also be used for non rugby events then so be it.

As others have said playing on an artificial surface was no barrier to Saracens success!
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

24 Sep 2021 16:58 pm:

...and are now paying the price with discontent players/burns and abrasions. Pi55 poor planning......

Chinese whispers and unsubstantiated rumours being passed off as facts, again.
Hall of Famer

24 Sep 2021 17:04 pm:

Any specific quotes from GRFC players saying they prefer playing on plastic ??

Maybe just accept that 4G is not the surface of choice except for hockey players (or concert goers/providers). ;)

Supporters blindly following "management" ?? Look where it's got via ticketing !!

Let me know when top-tier Rugby Internationals are globally played on 4G and I'll start listening in earnest. Until then I will be a massive cynic.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 09:26 am:

There were a few odd bounces last evening , probaly saved another try from Potter. You will get a chance to compare pitches next Saturday.
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 09:35 am:

The thing with artificial pitches for me is I have never heard a player or coach talk about them fondly.
IMO as a pro level team I don't like them, but I understand why it's more beneficial for amateur teams.

Out of interest has Slater said anything about the pitch?
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 10:38 am:

Any specific quotes from GRFC players saying they prefer playing on plastic ??

Not that I'm aware, but can you link to the specific quote about the discontent and / or Pi55 poor planning......

Supporters blindly following "management" ?? Look where it's got via ticketing !!

Blindly following or a healthy dose of realism.

I wasn't at the match last night, so the ticketing didn't really affect me. It must be bad if it impacts you in Dursley, though ? Traffic, was it?
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 14:05 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:Any specific quotes from GRFC players saying they prefer playing on plastic ??

Maybe just accept that 4G is not the surface of choice except for hockey players (or concert goers/providers). ;)

Let me know when top-tier Rugby Internationals are globally played on 4G and I'll start listening in earnest. Until then I will be a massive cynic.

Come on, admit it - you’ve always been and always will be a massive cynic. No surprises there.
The artist formerly known as Porky
Hero in the making

25 Sep 2021 16:26 pm:

Yet more ill informed rubbish and rumour spouted as fact. You will not find ANY hockey players who think that 4G is their surface of choice. And please provide the evidence of the unhappy Gloucester players. Thought not!
my real name is Nigel Williams, in my 50s, behind the posts in the Stowford
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby