Plastic ( Recycling is on a Monday )
12%
Not bothered. ( Fence sitting )
37%

Total votes : 93

Turns out for the A team

Re: The Pitch

30 Sep 2021 17:16 pm:

Old Rik said "If we generate a little bit of space for LRZ, Carreras, May et al down the wing and we get a few wins this thread vanishes"

Unfortunately, they've had to make the pitch narrower, so there won't be so much space!
Senior squad member

01 Oct 2021 06:01 am:

Joe Marler has tweeted that 4G pitches should be banned.
Hall of Famer

01 Oct 2021 06:31 am:

Telboy wrote:Unfortunately, they've had to make the pitch narrower, so there won't be so much space!

Apologies if I’ve missed the answer to this (or the discussion) but what necessitated the pitch needing to be narrowed?
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Hall of Famer

01 Oct 2021 06:34 am:

Helps defence.
Hero in the making

01 Oct 2021 07:43 am:

Tuffty wrote:
Telboy wrote:Unfortunately, they've had to make the pitch narrower, so there won't be so much space!

Apologies if I’ve missed the answer to this (or the discussion) but what necessitated the pitch needing to be narrowed?

At the August fans forum, Alex Brown said a bigger "run off" area was needed. Presumably, that's water run off, when we have heavy rain.
(I still wonder that if we'd bought the best hybrid pitch - the Desso Grassmaster - we might not have had the problems we suffered with the one we put down.)
On the board

01 Oct 2021 07:51 am:

Well joe marlers, bigjim comments don’t surprise me. It Seems obvious that falling over, sliding, being brought to ground on all plastic pitches is bound to be more of a problem for players !
Now glaws have a plastic pitch the rugby powers that be will be calling for an end to them soon !
Hall of Famer

01 Oct 2021 08:26 am:

What’s Marlers views on grabbing opponents testicles?
They don’t like it up ‘em.
Hall of Famer

01 Oct 2021 08:58 am:

It was a very stupid action BUT it was certainly not grabbing/squeezing testicles.

I would humbly suggest whether you would like to have JM patting your groin OR him squeezing your testicles !!

Irrelevant to this previously sensible (though divisive) discussion.

The only words IMHO that matter are those by players (who actually experience playing on 4G) though bear in mind that those from clubs with 3G/4G will be reticent to criticise their employer.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hero in the making

01 Oct 2021 09:19 am:

Wasps visit Newcastle this weekend and, with that in mind, they have been training on their recently installed plastic pitch at the new training facility.
‘Politicians and diapers must be changed often and for the same reason.’ Mark Twain.
Hall of Famer

01 Oct 2021 09:22 am:

It was a very stupid action BUT it was certainly not grabbing/squeezing testicles.

What was the 10 week ban for then ?
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby