Plastic ( Recycling is on a Monday )
12%
Not bothered. ( Fence sitting )
37%

Total votes : 93

Vice-Captain

Re: The Pitch

25 Sep 2021 16:42 pm:

Not only have we seen zero first hand evidence of it being a problem. All the evidence e.g players diving over the line without even the slightest wince (Genge, Ackerman) and zero claret on show, would indicate that the surface is not causing outrageous burns.

25 Sep 2021 16:46 pm:

Well that’s a relief….I would’ve that that was a given in this day and age….
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Pun-Master General

25 Sep 2021 16:53 pm:

UtilityBack wrote:Not only have we seen zero first hand evidence of it being a problem. All the evidence e.g players diving over the line without even the slightest wince (Genge, Ackerman) and zero claret on show, would indicate that the surface is not causing outrageous burns.

Not another burns thread!
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 17:13 pm:

4G is a cheap option. The expensive option is Desso. The top rugby pitches (which the vast majority of players prefer) are all Desso. Please cite evidence of the Tier 1 Internationals/RWC being played on plastic ??

I understand why GRFC have gone the cheap option as allows training/playing + concerts. Not for player welfare at all....

GRFC players are forbidden to publicly criticise the new CG surface on Orders of the Management. Privately they don't like the damage it is doing to their knees and elbows.

Please look back through the SW threads for those insider comments OR were the posters lying ??
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 17:18 pm:

GRFC players are forbidden to publicly criticise the new CG surface on Orders of the Management.

WTF ?

Please look back through the SW threads for those insider comments OR were the posters lying ??

Let's say deluded, rather than lying. See above.
Vice-Captain

25 Sep 2021 17:38 pm:

Mute, you are having a different argument to the other posters on this thread. For clarity, I am arguing that there is no clear evidence that our new pitch is problematic. We’ve got a couple of anecdotes from anonymous sources, but the plural of anecdotes is not data. I’m simply of the opinion that the pitch is good enough for what we need and better for the club finances to boot. If players start complaining or voting with their feet I’ve got no problem changing my opinion.

Nobody claims that it’s better than Twickenham, you have created this standard for other people to prove in the hope that you win an argument.
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 18:00 pm:

On Sunday 21st November, England Women are playing USA at Worcester, so the RFU and World Rugby can't have any objections to internationals being played on artificial pitches.
"In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 18:05 pm:

The pitch looked very green and performed better than we did ... :lol:
Site Admin

25 Sep 2021 19:17 pm:

Fact is, with 4 premiership clubs now having fully artificial pitches, if you want to play in the premiership, you have to accept that you are playing on an artificial surface every few rounds, or quite likely at least every other week.

Players are free to vote with their feet if they like, but they’ll have to learn french or go down under to play at the same level week in week out.

These pitches are nothing new, yet the premiership remains for many the place they want to play most. That also tells us something.

There’s plenty of things I don’t like about my profession, but I’ve learned to accept there are forces beyond my control and concentrate on making the best of what I can control or influence.

I’d suggest the average professional player, who prefers hybrid or grass pitches has had that same chat with themselves and come to the same conclusion.
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 19:49 pm:

Perhaps Mutey has been chatting to Joe Marler?
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby