POLL: What league position will Glaws finish in 21/22?

Where will Glaws finish in the GP in 21/22?

1%
1%
1%
6%
10%
21%
11%
13%
5%
10%
9%
8%
6%

Total votes : 179

Tumpy+1

Re: POLL: What league position will Glaws finish in 21/22?

11 Sep 2021 19:37 pm:

11th.
Delighted to be proved wrong.
On the board
Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud

11 Sep 2021 21:21 pm:

11th also. Just don't see the ongoing strength and adhesion throughout the squad that say an Exeter or Sarries have. And maybe more dominant is the thought that looking at how other squads are, I don't really know who'll be below us ... Wuss + a.n.other.

Maybe I'm just in a pessimistic mood today, but I think we need another year or so of Skivs and co learning and putting their vision into practice. That said happy to be shown up 8-)
Vice-Captain

11 Sep 2021 21:58 pm:

9th - hope I’m proved wrong and it’ll be higher.

Think we’ll miss Willi and not sure we’ve got enough up front.
Turns out for the A team

11 Sep 2021 22:21 pm:

Anyone who thinks we will finish top 6 needs a head assessment at GRH....poor pre season tactics as normal...9th at best
Hall of Famer

11 Sep 2021 22:40 pm:

Probably speaking the obvious here but if everything comes together we could give anyone in the league a run for their money. Our issue has always been consistency, or lack of! It's difficult to tell at this point from preseason what our likely form is but let's not forget our last trip to FG where we put in the performance of several seasons and absolutely battered them! We have some talented players in our ranks, not all of them internationals who will be out of action for batches of the season. I'm going for a loose 7th or 8th with not much evidence to go on. Also, hopefully we'll have a roaring crowd this year which may help turn some of the tight games our way
First team regular

11 Sep 2021 23:38 pm:

Sale
Saracens
Exeter
Leicester
Bristol
Harlequins
Northampton
Gloucester
Bath
Wasps
London Irish
Worcester
Newcastle
Hero in the making
Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...

12 Sep 2021 03:27 am:

I’ve gone for 8th.

Possibly Skivs will take advantage of no relegation and blood a lot of the youngsters which might impact results.

Regarding SID in the front 5. Skivs has boosted the front row with recent signings to be fair. Stanley was going well before injury last year and Seville really impressed and improved too.

Front Row
Balmain, VRR, JFR, Stanley, Elrington, Gotovstev, Knight, Seville, Singleton, Socino, Walker and Gleave (who I thought had left?)

Second Row:
Alemanno, Slater, Britton, Craig, Davidson and Freddie Clarke can cover there too.

And that’s not including the academy prospects who’ll get game time too.

Also, let’s not forget we were playing well last season with 2 games to go and every chance of finishing mid-table - then covid hit, we missed out and ended up in 11th place.

More than happy to be proven wrong.
On the board

12 Sep 2021 08:17 am:

Having been concerned about a) the standard of recruitment b) the pre season games and c) the way others have dealt with a & b, I do fear that we are in for a season long battle to get off the bottom of the pile.I haven’t commented much in recent times, and I pray that I am wrong, but I think we are being left behind by the others in the prem and just cannot see how the downward spiral can be stopped. As I say I would love to be proved wrong.
Vice-Captain

12 Sep 2021 09:39 am:

Stephen Jones from the times has us down for 12th.
Hall of Famer

12 Sep 2021 09:49 am:

Statistically that is a very odd set of results - you'd expect a rough bell curve - maybe it shows that we are all working on very little info to base our predictions on.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby