POLL: What league position will Glaws finish in 21/22?

Where will Glaws finish in the GP in 21/22?

Poll ended at 18 Sep 2021 18:29 pm

1%
No votes
No votes
2%
3%
16%
15%
13%
7%
13%
13%
11%
7%

Total votes : 157

Hall of Famer

POLL: What league position will Glaws finish in 21/22?

10 Sep 2021 18:29 pm:

What do you think?

I’d suggest putting your vote in the comments, so it’s recorded! I’d be interested to hear your reasoning.

The poll win run until 18th September, so get your votes in!
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Hall of Famer

Re: POLL: What league position will Glaws finish in 21/22?

10 Sep 2021 18:36 pm:

The inevitable 9th place
Hall of Famer

10 Sep 2021 19:07 pm:

6th
Hall of Famer

10 Sep 2021 19:07 pm:

At this stage, with nothing much to base our performance on (or, crucially, that of other teams, who also want to win games, dagnabbit) I am somewhat pessimistic about our chances this season, but hope to be proved wrong. I remain to be convinced that we have a robust defence, nor the ability to get good ball to let the backs loose to score willy-nilly.

I went 12th, though to be honest I am not convinced I can predict who would come below us this season.
Hero in the making
Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!

10 Sep 2021 19:20 pm:

I've gone for 6th - I believe that is achievable with the squad we have.
Hall of Famer

10 Sep 2021 19:22 pm:

glawfindel wrote:At this stage, with nothing much to base our performance on (or, crucially, that of other teams, who also want to win games, dagnabbit) I am somewhat pessimistic about our chances this season, but hope to be proved wrong. I remain to be convinced that we have a robust defence, nor the ability to get good ball to let the backs loose to score willy-nilly.

I went 12th, though to be honest I am not convinced I can predict who would come below us this season.

I too went for 12th.

Pre-season (so far) hasn’t been great, performance wise at least. I don’t see enough improvements in the set-piece and I think we lack enough grunt and size in the pack to win enough clean ball.

Second row is a massive concern, with the front row also lacking SiD.

My hope is Wuss carry on their 2020/21 season form and finish below us. I do think they’ve recruited well though.

I hope to be surprised and don’t mean to be negative, it’s just I can’t see us putting in enough good performances, consistently at least, to trouble many teams.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Vice-Captain

10 Sep 2021 19:31 pm:

ill wait until after the first 2 matches.

Those matches should be a good indication where we are at and how the season will go - 2 teams that finished mid table last season.

If they go well, then top 6 is on otherwise it will be a tough one away at Worcester in game week 3.
Hall of Famer

10 Sep 2021 19:44 pm:

9th at best for me, whilst we have some very good players most will be absent during the international windows and the squad still looks thin to me.

We’ve obviously made cuts to survive and this season is a freebie, fingers crossed some external investment comes and we can invest in the squad.

Great that we are promoting the academy but experience is still needed.
Vice-Captain

10 Sep 2021 20:15 pm:

6th
Rugby, music, beer inanities @adamashby
Hall of Famer

10 Sep 2021 20:30 pm:

Camel wrote:
glawfindel wrote:At this stage, with nothing much to base our performance on (or, crucially, that of other teams, who also want to win games, dagnabbit) I am somewhat pessimistic about our chances this season, but hope to be proved wrong. I remain to be convinced that we have a robust defence, nor the ability to get good ball to let the backs loose to score willy-nilly.

I too went for 12th.

Pre-season (so far) hasn’t been great, performance wise at least. I don’t see enough improvements in the set-piece and I think we lack enough grunt and size in the pack to win enough clean ball.

Second row is a massive concern, with the front row also lacking SiD.

My hope is Wuss carry on their 2020/21 season form and finish below us. I do think they’ve recruited well though.

I hope to be surprised and don’t mean to be negative, it’s just I can’t see us putting in enough good performances, consistently at least, to trouble many teams.

I'm in the pessimistic camp this year, I think we'll be fighting to not finish bottom. Much will depend on how we go at home. I hope I'm very very wrong!!
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby