POLL: What league position will Glaws finish in 21/22?

Where will Glaws finish in the GP in 21/22?

Poll ended at 18 Sep 2021 18:29 pm

1%
No votes
No votes
2%
3%
16%
15%
13%
7%
13%
13%
11%
7%

Total votes : 157

Hall of Famer

Re: POLL: What league position will Glaws finish in 21/22?

16 Sep 2021 15:12 pm:

With our front 5 unavailability's going into the start of the season I think we are going to struggle most weeks unfortunately and you know the old adage about forwards!
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Turns out for the A team

16 Sep 2021 16:59 pm:

I'm finding easier to think of who will finish below us this season. Although Worcester have had a major overhaul, they will inevitably start slowly, and probably finish below us.
Newcastle could finish below us. For me that leaves London Irish. They recruited strongly last year and may have settled in. Hopefully our squad will have settled into the systems introduced last year, so I'll say we will finish above them.
So I have selected 10th. No shame in that position for me. We are re-building the club, investing in the Academy and infrastructure with limited funds to do it, probably at the most challenging time the club has seen since WW2.
10th For me, anything else will be a bonus! C'mon Glos!
Hall of Famer

16 Sep 2021 18:36 pm:

I’m expecting the worst, hoping for the best. At full strength we have a good squad, unfortunately we won’t be for a while.
Thank goodness there’s no relegation, it will give time for talent from the Academy to mature.
They don’t like it up ‘em.
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2021 06:41 am:

The bookmakers seem to think we are in with a chance at Saints. They are predicting a 1 - 5 point margin for Saints, but say it is likely to be too close to be confident.
Previously Mark from Stroud
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 08:40 am:

We are currently 7th. ;)
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2021 10:57 am:

I know that we’re only 2 games in but the performance so far hasn’t, sadly, compelled me to alter my 11th prediction. :(
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
On the board

26 Sep 2021 00:55 am:

Tuffty wrote:I know that we’re only 2 games in but the performance so far hasn’t, sadly, compelled me to alter my 11th prediction. :(

Unfortunately, I share your pessimism Tuffty! :cry:
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something." ~ Plato
Hall of Famer

26 Sep 2021 08:42 am:

Chris in Spain wrote:
Tuffty wrote:I know that we’re only 2 games in but the performance so far hasn’t, sadly, compelled me to alter my 11th prediction. :(

Unfortunately, I share your pessimism Tuffty! :cry:

To me, it seems that the strong teams are starting poorly (can’t see this continuing and they will come good). The perceived weaker teams (our table-position rivals) are putting in performances that are denting my pre-season expectations of them.

Combined, this is a little concerning.
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby