Gloucester v Leicester OGT

Hall of Famer

Re: Gloucester v Leicester OGT

28 Sep 2021 08:16 am:

colinboag wrote:Perhaps a small number on here would do well to remember the old adage, 'if you've nothing good to say, say nothing'? There do seem to be a few who are serially disaffected with everything to do with 'their' club. If supporting the club is making them so miserable, maybe head off to Sixways or Ashton Gate and give that a try? ;)

Or stop coming on here and venting their doom and gloom on the rest of us!!
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Dude

28 Sep 2021 08:50 am:

colinboag wrote:Perhaps a small number on here would do well to remember the old adage, 'if you've nothing good to say, say nothing'? There do seem to be a few who are serially disaffected with everything to do with 'their' club. If supporting the club is making them so miserable, maybe head off to Sixways or Ashton Gate and give that a try? ;)

I completely understand that we all see the situation differently. While some of us remain optimistic and can see positives, others are far more pessimistic and negative. They have every right to feel differently and every right to express it. That IMO is the whole point of a forum.

I do question however why a handful of posters feel the need to express their negativity umpteen times a day on literally every single thread.

It didn’t take long for Mute’s positivity thread to go the way of every other one. :(
Hall of Famer

28 Sep 2021 09:31 am:

I disagree to a degree Leb. Of course a forum should be open to all individual's thoughts and feelings.

My "contentedness" with on-field matters is based on being patient and giving the coaches/players the necessary time to get things right - especially in a period where there is no relegation (one essentially as a result of Covid + paying-back massive Govt loans).

I am not happy with the off-field. And as a customer/client/STH I feel I can and should complain in order that things improve (not decline). Very different to the on-field matters where we have to trust those with much more knowledge/know-how than most of us.

I would also wager that 99.99% of every SW contributor (whether sycophant or slater) is at heart a GRFC supporter.

Fortunately we are all a bit different but at our core runs Cherry and White. Doesn't it ??
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

28 Sep 2021 09:49 am:

I might have put this a little differently but I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment .
Never Stay Down.
Hall of Famer

28 Sep 2021 09:52 am:

Let's face it, if we were two wins from two - and in both games so far we could have been just that, no one would be bothered about the off field problems.
Hall of Famer

28 Sep 2021 10:20 am:

I would - and I hope many others would be as well.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

28 Sep 2021 10:29 am:

lucifer wrote:Let's face it, if we were two wins from two - and in both games so far we could have been just that, no one would be bothered about the off field problems.

I would and am bothered. I have, for a long-time felt a disconnection between the club and it's supporters. We've had threads about it for years, but they've been more prevalent in the last 18 months / 2 years.

Not sure how we were ever in with a chance of winning either game. We were close to drawing against Tiggers and miles off winning at Saints.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Hall of Famer

28 Sep 2021 11:02 am:

The club does seem to be being run on a far more sustainable basis and maybe in the medium to long term this will actually result in Gloucester being better prepared and able to compete at the top end of the table. The likes of Saracens, Bristol, Bath and Sale are all reliant on big money owners and if crowds don’t pick up they could have an issue. How many Bristol ‘supporters’ will stick with the team if they start struggling again? (I don’t believe they will be bottom of the table for very long, but historically their support has been very fickle)

The other side of the ‘off pitch’ matters is very much a mixed bag. A lot of supporters appear to be unhappy with a lot of smaller issues which range from selection and price of beer, the pitch, the tannoy to the season ticket issues etc. These issues are important when taken together, especially if the club are ignoring (or appear to be ignoring fan feedback) and tend to more of an issue to long term members. Whether or not the team are winning on the pitch, supporters should still question the club management for decisions that effect the experience in the ground.

The problem is currently the team aren’t performing on the pitch which exacerbates the situation. The biggest issue for those in charge of the off-field side of things is that they have repeatedly heavily backed the coaches and see this as long term project. Most supporters, even myself, don’t want to see continuous changes in coaching. We want to see success. I am very happy to see how the season pans out and hope that some of my concerns are unfounded.
Hall of Famer

28 Sep 2021 11:15 am:

It would be a very quiet web site if your advice was followed.
As regards your suggestion to support someone else perhaps it is you who should be following his own advice/adage?

28 Sep 2021 11:23 am:

lucifer wrote:Let's face it, if we were two wins from two - and in both games so far we could have been just that, no one would be bothered about the off field problems.

I would and I believe others would. We may have a favourite Pub or restaurant which has the best food or beer for miles, but if the service is extremely slow or non existent, we'd only put up with it for so long before going to a different Pub or Restaurant. Now, I get it that none of us would go to Ashton gate or Sixways etc, but what we could do is: Not bother with a Season ticket, not bother paying on the day and follow the match live by other means, OGT, the radio etc and / or watch the full match, with others, later on the Premiership website in the comfort of our own homes, pausing whenever we like, to have a comfort break or get a cheaper beer from our own fridge with no queues. We can meet the people we go to matches with, in other less stressful environments, spending our saved cash in places that appreciate the Customer. Would the atmosphere be the same? Of course not, but ultimately we all prefer good " customer service" and currently the Club are nowhere near that:

A main Bar that's no more furnished or welcoming than a farm outbuilding.
A continually dire PA system.
A ticketing system that appears to be broken.
Dire fan communications.

We keep getting told we're better off than most, but looking at the Squad, Training centre, Pitch, I seriously doubt it, which, imho, leads me to distrust the Senior Management Team.
aka John Neary
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby