Gloucester v Leicester OGT

Hall of Famer

Re: Gloucester v Leicester OGT

29 Sep 2021 13:54 pm:

Yes HG, the internationals returning will (hopefully!) have a positive impact...but only until the Autumn Internationals, and then missing again for the 6N, which I think is the point AG was making about our need for SiD. We currently have Hastings, May and Atkinson playing, who also may be missing in the international windows.
Hall of Famer

29 Sep 2021 14:16 pm:

Tim in Shropshire wrote:I may be wrong but I don't think we jackalled more than one ball from a ruck tonight.

I counted at least four, two by Jack Clement, one by Lewis and one by Henry Elrington (who did really well until be tired in the second half)
The artist formerly known as Porky
Hall of Famer

29 Sep 2021 16:32 pm:

Allen Prior wrote:
Tim in Shropshire wrote:I may be wrong but I don't think we jackalled more than one ball from a ruck tonight.

I counted at least four, two by Jack Clement, one by Lewis and one by Henry Elrington (who did really well until be tired in the second half)

Quick positive from me (yes really). I thought Elrington had a pretty good game.

29 Sep 2021 17:16 pm:

Sadly it is pointless waiting for us to put out our " strongest team". It doesn't happen. Last season we didn't get the top XV out once. If you take the " best " player in each position and see how often they all appear in a XV the average from last season was about 10 - 11. It hink that is pretty normal. Int's, rest, injuries, rotation etc. all mean you nneed a top 30 to interchange.
Pun-Master General

29 Sep 2021 18:34 pm:

Quick positive from me (yes really). I thought Elrington had a pretty good game.[/quote]

Steady on BR! Apart from doing very well in the tight against Dan Cole, a good tackle count and a jackal.....................
I thought he was excellent.
Hall of Famer

30 Sep 2021 06:52 am:

Elrington looks like a very good signing.
I’m also interested to see Will Britton at some point, he was doing some 1-1 work with one of the coaches just before kick off and he looks huge!
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby