Gloucester v Leicester OGT

Hall of Famer

Re: Gloucester v Leicester OGT

24 Sep 2021 22:10 pm:

Perhaps I’m being a bit negative but just over 11k for the first home game in 18 or so months is a bit of a poor turnout (granted COVID is a big factor but that didn’t seem to effect Bristol). Relative to the other teams in the Premiership this is the worst performing Glaws squad since the late 90s. We have potential and some talented players but looking at the other sides in the Prem I just keeping thinking, what the bloody hell are we doing wrong. The buck stops with the man at the top. Three seasons ago we finished third, just let that sink in.
Hall of Famer

24 Sep 2021 22:13 pm:

Also if anyone at the club reads this forum - ADAM HASTINGS HAS TO START. Puzzling!
Hall of Famer

24 Sep 2021 22:16 pm:

Agree re Morgan and Ackermann, both were fantastic tonight. Ben looks back to his old self and Ruan was running attack lines as satisfying as a left hander's cover drive.

Our first up tackling just isn't good enough yet. The stats will no doubt show this in defenders beaten by Leics.

2 bonus points for a loss. I'll take that, but lads, sort your tackling out
Vice-Captain

24 Sep 2021 22:18 pm:

Oh dear. I'm struggling to find what Leicester had to do today to win, apart from turn up. They will be disappointed we got any points at all. I don't think Foley did us any favours. I don't think we did either. It's going to be a long hard season.

24 Sep 2021 22:20 pm:

Severus wrote:Perhaps I’m being a bit negative but just over 11k for the first home game in 18 or so months is a bit of a poor turnout (granted COVID is a big factor but that didn’t seem to effect Bristol). Relative to the other teams in the Premiership this is the worst performing Glaws squad since the late 90s. We have potential and some talented players but looking at the other sides in the Prem I just keeping thinking, what the bloody hell are we doing wrong. The buck stops with the man at the top. Three seasons ago we finished third, just let that sink in.

19008 at Bristol last week and 11680 at Kingsholm this week looks bad, total wise, but 19008 = 70.4% of AG's capacity & 11680 = 73.5% of Kingsholm's capacity.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

24 Sep 2021 22:23 pm:

DieTrying wrote:
Severus wrote:Perhaps I’m being a bit negative but just over 11k for the first home game in 18 or so months is a bit of a poor turnout (granted COVID is a big factor but that didn’t seem to effect Bristol). Relative to the other teams in the Premiership this is the worst performing Glaws squad since the late 90s. We have potential and some talented players but looking at the other sides in the Prem I just keeping thinking, what the bloody hell are we doing wrong. The buck stops with the man at the top. Three seasons ago we finished third, just let that sink in.

19008 at Bristol last week and 11680 at Kingsholm this week looks bad, total wise, but 19008 = 70.4% of AG's capacity & 11680 = 73.5% of Kingsholm's capacity.

Not really relevant, AG was built for the football team not the rugby but Bristol is a significantly bigger city.

I was surprised the attendance was so low but it’s a Friday, we haven’t really made any notable signings like in the past and expectations are pretty low.
Hall of Famer

24 Sep 2021 22:32 pm:

I'm impressed with Skivington's positivity - probably the most consistent aspect of our game only matched by conceding another 4 tries. Had we been awake for Ford's tap penalty which led to Genge's try with the entire defence standing in a bunch the wrong side of the posts and had we tackled Potter just once we could have come away with a much deserved victory. At least we didn't waste any time for the Tigers 4th try when they caught drove and scored. As George said we are a tight group as demonstrated by the tight huddles behind the goal line while Leicester kicked their conversions.
The attack looked good - just a pity they didn't talk about tackling during the week.
Hall of Famer

24 Sep 2021 22:33 pm:

CWB1 wrote:Oh dear. I'm struggling to find what Leicester had to do today to win, apart from turn up. They will be disappointed we got any points at all. I don't think Foley did us any favours. I don't think we did either. It's going to be a long hard season.

We more than gave them a game and to suggest they just had to turn up is crap.
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

24 Sep 2021 22:36 pm:

Big Red wrote:Also if anyone at the club reads this forum - ADAM HASTINGS HAS TO START. Puzzling!

It's not that puzzling. As stated in commentary he hasn't been with us long so hasn't had a full pre season.
Keyser Sose
Hero in the making

24 Sep 2021 22:45 pm:

Just home in Porthcawl. Apart from all the lanes closed on the motorways the M4 was closed for night work. Happy days. Anyways. Can anyone tackle in the backline. Talk about giving away soft fries. Yes Hastings just start. Why the hell is he here otherwise
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby