Gloucester v Leicester OGT

Site Admin

Re: Gloucester v Leicester OGT

26 Sep 2021 14:38 pm:

0B932675-8947-4666-A91B-9296DDC341A3.jpeg
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Vice-Captain

27 Sep 2021 10:23 am:

Here are the stats for the match, compiled by Ross Hamilton on Twitter (an independent performance analyst working with BT Sport) https://twitter.com/rosscohamilton?s=21
Attachments
7DDAC8E6-63E9-4032-918B-0716AC025D91.jpeg
Hall of Famer

27 Sep 2021 10:43 am:

Really surprised to see our red zone efficiency was better than Leicester. I rewatched the game yesterday and the number of times we were threatening Leicester’s try line and then lost the ball or were turned over was crazy. I’d go as far to say that we could have won the game pretty comfortably if we weren’t so sloppy. We really aren’t as bad as some make out. Just need to tighten things up, sort the tackling out and get our internationals back in the fold.
Hall of Famer

27 Sep 2021 11:35 am:

TP17 wrote:Really surprised to see our red zone efficiency was better than Leicester. I rewatched the game yesterday and the number of times we were threatening Leicester’s try line and then lost the ball or were turned over was crazy. I’d go as far to say that we could have won the game pretty comfortably if we weren’t so sloppy. We really aren’t as bad as some make out. Just need to tighten things up, sort the tackling out and get our internationals back in the fold.

I think it shows once again that it's the very fine margins that make the difference and we are very close to getting on the right side, also knee jerk reactions from fans are often not born out by facts.
Hero in the making

27 Sep 2021 12:08 pm:

robs1 wrote:
I think it shows once again that it's the very fine margins that make the difference and we are very close to getting on the right side,[b] also knee jerk reactions from fans are often not born out by facts[/b].

27 Sep 2021 17:00 pm:

Unfortunately facts don't win matches....points scored for and against do.

Documents records the facts, history and the fans remember the the score.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Dude

27 Sep 2021 18:43 pm:

Definitely some positives to carry forward there.
Hall of Famer

27 Sep 2021 18:53 pm:

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:Unfortunately facts don't win matches....points scored for and against do.

Documents records the facts, history and the fans remember the the score.

Of course we do and no fans like losing but things arent as awful as the doom mongers think.
Hall of Famer

28 Sep 2021 07:42 am:

Perhaps a small number on here would do well to remember the old adage, 'if you've nothing good to say, say nothing'? There do seem to be a few who are serially disaffected with everything to do with 'their' club. If supporting the club is making them so miserable, maybe head off to Sixways or Ashton Gate and give that a try? ;)
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

28 Sep 2021 07:52 am:

Good point. For years we never lost, may be had more points scored against us.
Lots of times the world was against us but we always walked away thinking those lads give it a good go.
There is too much expectation instead of reality.
From what I saw on Friday every player got stuck and tried their hardest. I bet Leicester went up the M5 thinking we got away with that and the coaching staff thinking that team is going to be a handful with 12 months experience.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby