London Irish v Gloucester Sun 17th October

Senior squad member

Re: London Irish v Gloucester Sun 17th October

16 Oct 2021 06:11 am:

Do enjoy if you are going, and get there in time. Any ideas on how to watch it on TV? It's not on BT etc.

16 Oct 2021 07:21 am:

jcup wrote:Anyone driving needs to leave themselves plenty of time. The traffic due to the M4 closure is likely to add an hour to the journey. Also worth noting that Gunnersbury is going to be exit only for an hour after the game so if you need to dash off you'll want another option. It could be worth considering South Ealing on the Piccadilly Line (Heathrow branch) it might be a slightly longer walk than Gunnersbury but it's not far; the 65 bus is a regular service from there (stopping at Kew Bridge,) you can pick it up going south right outside the station.

Edit - if you are getting the train in to Paddington then its a very short hop to Ealing Broadway on the overground (12 mins) from Paddington and you can pick up the 65 just outside there, on your right as you exit Ealing Broadway Station. NB don't get the E2 to Brentford from there, it doesn't go as close to the ground.

Thanks, any suggestions from Marylebone would be grateful else it will be reliance on the TFL app. Just to reiterate travel by car, M40 sounds the best option. [url] https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/readi ... r-21869910 [url]
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Turns out for the A team

16 Oct 2021 08:39 am:

jcup wrote:Anyone driving needs to leave themselves plenty of time. The traffic due to the M4 closure is likely to add an hour to the journey. Also worth noting that Gunnersbury is going to be exit only for an hour after the game so if you need to dash off you'll want another option. It could be worth considering South Ealing on the Piccadilly Line (Heathrow branch) it might be a slightly longer walk than Gunnersbury but it's not far; the 65 bus is a regular service from there (stopping at Kew Bridge,) you can pick it up going south right outside the station.

Edit - if you are getting the train in to Paddington then its a very short hop to Ealing Broadway on the overground (12 mins) from Paddington and you can pick up the 65 just outside there, on your right as you exit Ealing Broadway Station. NB don't get the E2 to Brentford from there, it doesn't go as close to the ground.

You would almost think that you live there jcup! Enjoy if you are going today.
Hall of Famer

16 Oct 2021 08:45 am:

Thank you jcup, much appreciated.
Senior squad member

16 Oct 2021 09:01 am:

timrob1969 wrote:Do enjoy if you are going, and get there in time. Any ideas on how to watch it on TV? It's not on BT etc.

If you are on the Gloucester rugby is my holm Facebook group, someone has found a Russian link (no conspiracy theories please!!) which seems to have worked for previous games and is /apparently/ ‘not dodgy’… haven’t used it myself though, but plenty of others seem to. I expect it will be shared in that group not too long before kick off
Hall of Famer

16 Oct 2021 09:24 am:

Harrison26 wrote:
timrob1969 wrote:Do enjoy if you are going, and get there in time. Any ideas on how to watch it on TV? It's not on BT etc.

If you are on the Gloucester rugby is my holm Facebook group, someone has found a Russian link (no conspiracy theories please!!) which seems to have worked for previous games and is /apparently/ ‘not dodgy’… haven’t used it myself though, but plenty of others seem to. I expect it will be shared in that group not too long before kick off

I heard it's a legitimate hack from a rugby fanatic in Vladivostok .
Academy prospect

16 Oct 2021 09:50 am:

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:

Thanks, any suggestions from Marylebone would be grateful else it will be reliance on the TFL app. Just to reiterate travel by car, M40 sounds the best option. [url] https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/readi ... r-21869910 [url]

I'd take the Bakerloo Line from Marylebone to Paddington and go to Ealing Broadway. Then take the bus (65) It takes about 10-15 mins from Ealing Broadway. Best option is to ask the driver to stop at the stadium - I think it's Green Dragon Lane. If you find yourself crossing Kew Bridge then you've passed your stop but it's a short walk back over the bridge.
Hall of Famer

16 Oct 2021 10:06 am:

Use Google Maps - set destination and select public transport. Not only does it give the walking route at either end of your journey but it also gives arrival time for next train/ bus and it will even show you which bus stop you need (as you'll know in London there are often 6 or more bus stops near a junction). Finally, it is reasonably well updated with live data so you stand a good chance of being direct away from a traffic jam or closed tube line.
Academy prospect

16 Oct 2021 10:06 am:

Ugh.. looks like the M4 is closed from junctions 13 to 14 too, I didn't see that.
Vice-Captain

16 Oct 2021 10:34 am:

Other option is an app called Citymapper. Aggregates all the transport options when you’re in London together in one app.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby